Angels and Demons : (Part Five)

Adam's POV

It was the night before the Angel's Ball. Everyone was super excited. When I walked around you could hear people whisper about the prince's new girlfriend having no idea that I am that girlfriend.

We pictured out a pink and red dress for me. It felt really embarrassing wearing this. But I looked at James and he was amazing. He was in a pink shirt with his red vest and tie. He looked amazing.

"Keep your face like that Adalina. You'll blend in perfectly." Rebecca told me. I rolled my eyes.

I had to wear a wig over my horns and wear angel fake angel wings so I'd fit in. Fit in. I hated that word. I hated doing this. Deep down it felt wrong but I knew James needed me to do it.

That night James brought me to a cloud that was above the castle far above to watch the sunset. Besides my fear of heights, it was a great view.

"You know, I never brought anyone else here. I come when I need a break from all the animation and royalty stuff. Maybe, you need this too." he said leaning on me. I rap my arm around James as he inches closer to me. "You know what else Jameson?" I said. "I think you are right."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That night was really weird. All the angels were heading inside to meet the family. Jaiden and Rebecca were helping me while Tim and Maaz helped James.

"I hate this." I said as the girls fixed my dress.

"Think about it like this. It's your first date with James. Live a little." Rebecca said.

"No, it's his first date with Adalina and  the real me is barfing in the background."

"Hey, we don't like pulling you off of your lazy ass, putting you in a dress and putting makeup on you but we're not complaining." Jaiden said.

I sighed. She had a point, I could at least try. I left the room as the two wished me good luck. I hear the horns sound play.

"Behold, Prince James and his future Princess Adalina Oritz!" We both walk out. Damn, he looks more handsome with the lighting.  The King and Queen both look so happy for there son. James walked up to me and holds my hands. "Thank you." he whispers.

We both go talk to the King and Queen. They don't seem to suspect anything. I let James do most of the talking as my vocal cords aren't really made for the best girl impression.

The whole time however I felt really self conscious. Thoughts fly threw my mind like little rockets landing. "What if he did this because he doesn't like the real you? Why is he making you change? Does he even care?" While these thoughts replay through my mind I trip and fall. Once I did my demon tail shows and my wing is in even showing one of my horns. The room was dead silent.

"James is she a demon?!?!" the King said.

"Well y-you s-ee." James stuttered.

"Yes. Yes I am. I'm also a dude." I said said taking off the dress, wings and wig. I rubbed the make-up on my sleeve and looked up at the King and Queen dead in there eye. My name is Adam Oritz. I'm a demon who's trying to reform. I told James that I could be his date as a prank. " I said taking the blame.

"Guards!" the King yelled.

I ran out as fast as I could. I would fly but I haven't practiced in years. The guards followed me to the end. I spread my wings and flew. It was a bumpy ride and I almost fell but I flew off fast enough so they wouldn't find me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
James' POV

The Angel's Ball was cancelled. All my friends were told to go home and I was spent to my room. I couldn't help but think about Adam. I needed space. I flew up to my cloud and low and behold, Adam was there.

"Adam what happened?" I asked.

"James. Do you not like me? Do you think that I should change who I am?"

I felt awful. I knew why he left now.

"Adam no. I like you the way you are."

"You should of treated me that way. I felt used James. You don't understand. You don't know where I came from. Now everyone hates me."

I reached out for Adam but he grabbed my hand and out it down.

"I hope you find your real prince one day." he said. "But if changing me is how your going to treat me,then I can't be him. If you need me. I'll be in Hell."

And just like that, Adam flew off. I started crying. How could I be this stupid? Why did I make him change? He hates me and it's all my fault. It's me. I hate myself. "I'm so sorry Adam...." I mumbled, sobbing at the fact that I just lost my best friend and my person I loved so dearly.