Mafia (One Off)

(Hey. I just wanna say thanks for all the support last chapter. I was pretty worried about it. Let's just say I wasn't having the best day or in the best mindset that day. Thank you for making me feel better.)

Adam's POV

It was late at night. Just another day of killing and crimes. Now it's time to kick back and relax. I arrived at a casino ready to win some money. I'm practically the best at it. Haven't lost a game since my early days. It never made me rich as hell, but I earned enough to survive.

I simply put out a good thousand dollars on the table which made the other guys want in more than anything. They all know that I'm one of the most popular members and they'll do anything to get that money off of me. Ha, there all the same : so greedy and full of themselves, but they always lose. I got a good few hundred during the night.

As I was finishing my last round for the night a figure walked up to me and smiled. "You in for one more game?" he asked. He was in a beige coat and hat and his hair was a dirty blond. His eyes were hazelnut brown and his smile warmed my heart.

"Y-Yeah sure." I said a little intimidated by the guy's beauty.

We sat down and just played a one on one. I put down all my earnings for the night, $970. He put down $500.  I was pretty confident in winning this round, I mean I always win. At least that's what I thought.

"I'll be taking my prize now." he said with a cheeky smirk on his face. Shit, I lost. Can't believe I lost for the first time in years!

"Good game." I said suspiciously. He chuckled and looked at me. "How about I buy you a drink, on me?" he offered. I wanted to say know but I agreed anyway.

"So, what's you're name anyway?" he said taking a sip out of his alcohol.

"I'm Adam Ortiz, one of the most popular mafia members not to brag." I said rasing my eyebrow.

"I'm James and it's nice to meet you Mr. Winning Streak." he said teasingly.

"Hey! I've never lost one game in years. I was just distracted tonight that's all."

"Distracted by what?"

"You're cute face, that's what." I could swear I saw a bit of blush on his cheeks and he looked away from me.

"You don't look so bad yourself." he told me.

James gave me what looked like about half my money back. "Is this a pity offering?" I asked him. He giggled and smiled at me. "Nah, just to go get yourself something nice." he told me. I accepted his money but it was totally out of pity. However, I appreciated it.

We walked out of the casino laughing and smoking cigarettes. For some reason, I was really warning up to this dude. Man, I love the way he laughs at jokes. His stupid faces too.

While I was having fun with James a heard a gunshot from nearby.  "We got you now Adam!" someone yelled. "Can't have a peaceful night can I?" I thought as I pulled out my gun from my black coat. James seemed to be looking a weapon himself but couldn't find one. I gave him my gun and ran off with him.

"Looks like we're in trouble now!" James said.

"We're only in trouble if we get caught." I winked at him, which made him blush.

The police started to fire at us as we escaped through an alley. I started to fire at them by the corner. One of them fell but the other two were hot on our tails. "James get out of here! I'll handle them!" He shot the other cop as the last one called for backup. "No way dude, were in this together." he said tightly holding my hand. Most people don't stay with me during shootings unless it's to kill a planned target. Even though it was obvious that we were from different parts of the mafia, it didn't matter for a second. For the first time in a long time I felt united, which made my insides feel all knotted and my face feel like an oven.

As we made our dash through the city, three other police officers were behind us. James and I hid behind a dumpster and started to fire our shots. All of the police officers fell. We were safe. I sighed in relief and I looked up at James. The joyful expression on his face couldn't even be described. It was just so adorable.

I walked James to his house since it was the least I could do. I felt James slide something into my hand. "What's this?"

"My number, incase you ever need some help or you just wanna talk."

I smiled and looked at him. "I'll be sure not to lose it." That James was alright. He was pretty cool. Not just that, he never left my side. He was loyal, something I need more. James was a bit of an odd ball but he was an adorable one.

(Sorry if this was bad. I wanna make another chapter of this actually. I'll try to add more death and stuff.)