To Love Again

Adam's POV

I loudly slam the door as tears stream down my face. I growl in anger as I speed off. Probably, ran few red lights but I don't care. I need to get away, as fast as possible. Her, that stupid bitch. My so called 'friend'. Cheating on me. Lying to me.

Once I got home I violently open the door and run to my room. I slam the door shut and flop on to my bed. My heart was aching. I was shaking under my covers.

That day I made myself a promise. I would never love again. I never wanted to go through that pain again in my life. I didn't need a perfect match. I didn't need a soul mate. I was fine on my own. I'll make sure I am.

•~•

Adam was driving out of his house to see his good friend James. The two were best buds and hung out as normally as their YouTube jobs let them. Adam couldn't let go of the soft smile on his face as he drove to his friend's house. Just seeing his face made him extremely excited.

Adam pulled up to James' house and walked up to his door. James popped out and looked at him. "Hi Adam!" James greeted. A light blush dusted itself across Adam's face. The demon recognized this feeling before. It happened normally when he saw James. He also knew it happened when someone cought his eye.

"Earth to Adam. James is calling you." James waved his hand across Adam face trying to get him to snap out of it. "Oh. Sorry Jameson, have my head in the clouds today." Adam said.

James and Adam walked into the house. Adam happily said hello to Floof and gave her a small pet. James joined him. The two sat on the floor playing with the puppy. James chuckled as his pup licked his face. Adam stared at his friend admiring everything about him.

"How is he so perfect? His laugh, his smile, his eyes. Why do I always feel this way about him? Do I? No, I promised myself." Adam said to himself. He shock he head and looked back at James.

"Something wrong buddy?" James asked.

"It's alright Jameson, I'm just thinking about some things." Adam wondered off.

"Ugh! You say that all the time. You always have something in your brain and I want to know what it is!" James whined. James couldn't even count how many times Adam would come over and have something inside of him that he couldn't let out.

"I've just been having a hard time keeping a promise I made to myself a few years ago. That's all." Adam said. He got up and walked over the couch.

"Well, what's the promise? Maybe I can help. I'm pretty good at keeping promises." James whispered.

"You can't help with this one dude. It's kinda personally. I made this promise when I was about 17 or 18. It was after a bad break up." Adam explained.

"Well you don't know unless you tell me. Maybe, I can help you."

Adam sighed. "Fine. A few years ago, I had a girlfriend. She was at the time, the most amazing person ever. I thought she was the one. My girl. But, turns out she didn't feel the same. And instead of breaking up with me normally, she cheated on me with my best friend. I was heart broken. I was mad, upset, and just frustrated. I promised myself I would never fall in love again, that I would never get into another relationship."

James looked at Adam in confusion. "That's a dumb promise." James said. "You can't control your heart."

"Well I still made it. But now, I think I'm falling for someone. It's happening all over again." Adam said in disappointment.

James hated to see his best friend so sad. He also hated to hear that he was giving up on love. He knew Adam deserved to be happy with the person he loved. "So who is he?" James asked.

"How do you know it's a he?" Adam asked.

James blushed and sheepishly looked off to the side. "Just a guess. It could be a girl. I'm not gonna judging." Adam smiled at James' shy blush. He then groaned and rested his head on his hands.

"Have you ever wanted to tell someone so bad how you feel about them, but your too scared to get hurt. You just wanna let your emotions run free but you can't. That's what it feels like. I'm trapped." Adam complained.

"That's because your trapping yourself Adam. No one is forcing you not to feel emotions. You're trapping yourself. The heart wants what the heart wants. You can't stop that. What you can do is just give yourself a chance. You never know. Maybe, they won't leave." James said.

Adam held James' hands in his own and squeezed them. The two stood silently. "You're right. I should say something." Adam whispered, "I should say your the most beautiful man I even saw. I'm just-" Adam was stopped my James planting his lips on top of Adam's. Adam leaned in and melted into the warm embrace.

James pushed away softly and looked Adam in the eyes. "I know." he said. He smiled calmly as he brushed through the demon's dark hair. Adam held James' chin and pulled into another kiss.

"Feel a little better?" James asked.

"Yeah, I'm not really ready for all of this. But I will be." Adam said regretfully.

"And when you are, I'll be waiting for you." James whispered. Adam booped the blond's nose as the two started to laugh.