Lazer Wars ( One-Off )

Adam's POV

"James! We got to get there before they start choosing teams!" I said yelling to James from outside. We were supposed to meet our friends for a Lazer Tag game. James was taking forever and I didn't understand why. Maybe he over slept or he forgot. It didn't matter he came out the door a minute after. "Sorry I took so long Adam." "It doesn't matter. If we hurry we can make it in time! Let's go!" I said getting in the car along with James.

We were the last ones there. Jaiden, Tim, Rebecca, and Maaz we're all there. "What took you guys so long?" Tim asked. "Adam." James said looking at me as if I was the reason I was sitting in the car by myself. "What no it was you." I said.

We all went inside and choose our teams. Mazz and Tim were the green team, Jaiden and Rebecca were the blue team, and James and I were red. We all split up and went to our spots but James didn't seem too confident. " Hey what's wrong?"

"Pfft- Nothing just thinking about how we're gonna crush the other teams. I was in a bit of a balloon battle with Jaiden."

"Dude Jaiden had the winning shot."

"Doesn't matter! I was still there!"

"Alright. Show me what you got." I said just as the match started.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

James POV

I understand the rules of the game and stuff I just don't know if I'll be good. I just followed Adam the hole time until I noticed someone running around behind me. It was like someone was whispering but I couldn't get out who. Then she stepped out. It was Rebecca. "RUN!" I said shoving Adam to the side. Rebecca was close to getting us.

"Cover me." he said getting down and shootings Rebecca out. Rebecca actually scared me but Adam didn't seem scared. He looked like he knew everything. I wish I could be like that. Adam would of won this without me easily. I couldn't even get out of the house fast enough and I got is late. "Hey everyone where's Adam?" "He's probably with his slow boyfriend James ..."

"James watch out!" Adam said tackling me to the ground. Once I got up I could see him shooting at someone until he stopped. "A-Adam. You saved me...?" I said stammering as I looked at him. I felt my face heat up a little. Once I looked at him I saw his heat pad glow. He was out. Tim shot him. I caused him to be out of the game.

"Don't worry James. I got Tim too. It's just you and Jaiden." he said raping his arm around me.

"I can't do it! I'm too slow and I'm scared. And....I got you killed. I'm sorry." I said sitting up and looking down.

Adam held my chin up. "If you weren't there Rebecca would of got me. You can do it James just believe in yourself." he said kissing my cheek. I hugged Adam and went back into the game. Jaiden must of been around. And she was...

It was high noon. ( Or 3:30. I don't know ) One of us was going to pull out there gun. I didn't know how and I didn't know when but I was going to win this for Red Team. Jaiden was holding her gun and and I whipped mine out and started to fire. I didn't even look at her. Suddenly she was right in front of me and that's when I shot her.

"Red Team wins!!!" said a voice. Sounded like some kind of robot. "He did it! I knew he could do it!" I also heard Adam's voice in the distance. "Hey James good job back there. You've gotten better at this." she said. ", Thanks" I said shaking her hand. Before I could take off my lazer pad Adam pulled me into a hug. "I knew you could do it!" he said. "Well I didn't." I said.