Adam's Birthday ( One-Off )

James's POV

I woke up from Floof's barking. It was 9:27 and I got up to check on him. After feeding Floor I saw my phone had a notification from Jaiden. "Aww man I forgot it's Adam's birthday!" I said while running upstairs, thoughts rushing threw my head.

"How could I forget that it's his birthday today? How could I forget that I was supposed to take him out all day so Jaiden can plan the party. It was my idea! He's my boyfriend not Jaiden's and she remembered before me? How could I be so forgetful? I didn't even buy a gift yet."

I checked the clock to see what time it was. "9:40", it read. I still needed to take a shower, brush my teeth and, dress, make food for myself,and take Floof out all before Adam got here at 11. There was so much to do but I didn't have time to worry. I picked out my clothes and went straight to the bathroom. Once I got out it was 10:34 until I got a call from Jaiden.

"Hey James! Tim, Rebecca and I just got the decorations and we're about to pay for the cake. Did you get Adam yet?" she asked me. "Uh...no. I just got out of the bathroom." "James you need to get Adam. We're gonna be heading over to his house soon." I panicked so I randomly texted Adam to meet me at my house so we can go out. "Change of plans Jaiden. Wait a bit and I'll text you. Your setting things up at my house, not Adam's." I said. "Alright. I hope you know what your doing." she said hanging up on me.

As I waited for Adam I knew that I had to make this the best birthday he had ever had. I remember the one he gave me last year. We all sat next to each other as I opened gifts. I noticed Adam didn't get me one but I didn't really care, the gift never mattered because I was so happy he was there. After the gifts everyone else was watching one of my favorite movies but Adam pulled me aside.

"Did you notice I didn't get you a present?" he asked me.

"Yeah but I didn't wanna say anything. I'm just glad your here and it would be rude to just call you out for not giving me a small box or any gift."

"Well I did get you something...I just didn't want to tell everyone without telling you first." he said lightly blushing

"Well what is it?"

"James...I h-have a crush on you. I know it's weird and I understand if you don't feel the same way but if you do feel the same way I just thought maybe you'd like to hang out a little more than we do. As a c-ouple."

The thing was I did feel the same way. That was the best birthday ever. I want to give him a birthday that he gave me and I thought this is how I was going to do it.

I heard a knock on the door that interrupted my flashback. It was Adam. "Who is it?" I asked. "You asked me to come here James." he said rolling his eyes. "It's the birthday boy." I said greeting him and letting him inside. We both sat on the couch and talked for a bit as I texted Jaiden that she could get ready to come over.

"So what lead to the change of plans?" Adam asked. "Oh I uh...had my car in the shop and I couldn't come so I needed you to come here, sorry." I said lying to him which is something I hated to do. Most of the time Adam can read threw my acting but this time he didn't seem to care that much.   "Oh that's fine. Let's get going then." ge said getting up to go to the car. I followed him quickly so we could get out of the driveway letting Jaiden, Tim, and Rebecca inside.

"So where you wanna go?" he asked me. I rememberwd that I didn't have a plan for where we would go yet until I remembered that I didn't get him a gift yet. "Wherever you want." I told him and as soon as I told him that we started driving.

We stopped by Game Stop to check out the new games for the Nintendo Switch, the perfect place for a birthday present. I looked around but I kept a eye on Adam to see if he wanted anything there. He was looking at everything in the store and I kept kept trying to keep up with him.

Next we went to the store to buy a cake since the others didn't get one. Adam choice chocolate. "Hey can you put a little face and add horns on it." he asked. Seemed like he was trying to get her to make his character. She did a pretty good job, felt kinda bad we were gonna make a video about dumping rice on it. The least I could do was pay for the cake and rice since of was his birthday and I didn't get him anything.

We went to his house to records the video. We had a lot of fun making it. After we were done we both cleaned up and sat down. "It's kinda weird. I haven't heard from anyone else today. I'm fine with it though. I'm glad your here Jameson." he said raping his arm around me. I rap mine around him. "Me too Adam. I like me a lot." I say. He lightly punches my shoulder and we started to laugh.

As soon as we were done laughing my phone rang. It was Jaiden. "Sorry Adam I gotta take this." "Sure thing I'll just be hanging here.

"Mmmm talk to me~."  I said. "James were done with the decorations. Bring Adam over." Jaiden said. "And bring me a slice of cake!" Tim said in the background. "Also your dog is so cute!" Rebecca added.

"Hey Adam can you take me home." I asked. "Aww your already leaving." he said. He looked really sad but he didn't know what was going on.

"Yeah sorry Floof needs me."

Once I got home I went inside. I knew the how to get Adam in here without him suspecting much about there being a surprise. I didn't just bring him in but however what I did was scream and he did what I thought he would do if I ever screamed or needed him badly. "JAMESON I'M COMING!" he yelled kicking down my door until all of us jumped out. "Surprise!"

"What the fuc-.... the hell?" Adam said looking at me. "We threw you a surprise party. Happy Birthday Adam." I said hugging him. He hugged back and we all celebrated.

"James where's the cake I asked for?" Tim said as he walked over to me.

"Yeah....you don't want that cake Tim. Trust me." I said thinking back to when we destroyed that cake.

Adam pulled me to the side while everyone else was enjoying the party to talk to me. "James this is a really great party. Thanks." I hold his hand and I looked up at him. "Well last year you gave the best gift of dating you. So I thought you should get just as amazing of a birthday as you gave me cause I love you Adam." I said. "Awww." Adam said looking as if he was tearing up a little. "I love you too Jameson."  he said pulling me into a hug. I heard him sniffle a bit. "Adam, are you crying?" I ask him. "W-hat? N-no. I just got s-something in my eye." he said. "What is it?" I asked. "Tears." I pulled him into passionate kiss. "This really is my best birthday and it's all because of you Jameson." "Glad I can make your special day more special."