Inner Demons (Vent)

Adam's POV

I was sitting outside a karaoke building. Another party, another chance to show that I'm not a real person, I'm a money making machine.  Taking a sip out of my beer to let out a long sigh. "Is this all I'm good for? Is this the rest of my life; people trying to be friends with me just to get something out of it? People wanting to hang out just because I'm a cool distraction. Pushing people away and being called a toxic person. Am I just not fun anymore like they told me?" I thought to myself.

So my depression and anger was building up inside of me. Why is everyone treating me like I'm shit? I'm not shit. "I'm not SHIT!" I yelled while throwing my beer on the sidewalk. Whatever was left in it spilled as the glass shattered. I clenched my fist as I heard a voice.

"Yes...Feed into you're anger Adam. Surrender to you're inner demons. You need to show them that you're not a doormat. Give in."

Suddenly, in the glass shards and beer, I saw my reflection. My hazel nut eyes were blood red. Demon horns were growing out of my hair. My teeth were super sharp.

"Adam? A-are you ok?" I heard a soft voice say. I turned and saw James. He was the only other person who knew about...my demon half. Tears stung my eyes as I looked at him. The shocked and terrified look in his eyes just made my heart sink. I broke down and started to cry.

"James....I-I... Everyone was asking me for ideas about how to be successful. They said I was toxic and too emotional....they act like something is wrong with me....T-they say I'm not f-fun anymore.... I'm so sorry. Maybe if I wasn't so sensitive. Maybe if I just tried to hear them out. Maybe-"

James pulled me into a bear hug and out his hand in my hair. I sobbed into his shoulder. "It's ok Adam. There's nothing wrong with you. You're still fun. You're still loved. You'll always be mine Adam..." he told me in his calm tone. He pulled me into a passionate kiss and wiped away my tears.

"Can we go home?" I asked him.

"Sure thing Adam."

"I love you Jameson."

"I love you too, Adam."

Incoming Vent!!!

So yeah, I have some depression issues and anxiety. I haven't been used for money but I have been betrayed before. Actually this happened within months. Since around late September. My friends I knew for years started hurting me verbally.

I've been bullied, pushed down, been treated as if I was nothing. Hell, just a week ago I was hit physically. I lost my trust in them. Now when I go to school I spend most of my time by myself. I suffer by myself.

If you couldn't tell I kinda wrote a little of this with Adam's song, Help. It's my favorite song at the moment and the reason why is because I relate to Adam. I have to push people away they manipulate me. It's hard for me to make friends who sink in the same boat. It's why I chose Adam for this story instead of James. It also just felt right to post this here instead of my other books. A lot of you are here and I think it's better for me to come out here.

Don't worry about me. I'm ok. Yes I do get suicidal sometimes but I'm ok. I'm not going anywhere anytime soon. Mental health is important though. It needs to be taken care of. Plus, I have you guys. Telling me how much you enjoy my stories and what I have to say makes me feel so much better. You guys are my "James". Thank you for that.

Thank you for everything. I'm ok. I'll be ok. Promise.
❤️❤️❤️