The Argument ( One-Off )

( Hey! Just a tiny note. I submitted this story for the Wattys 2019! )

Adam's POV
It was a normal day. Jaiden and I we're just taking a walk together. It's been a while since we've talked together. I think it was Vidcon and we've been around bit. We sat down on a bench and relaxed. "So how's you and James?" she asked. " We're ok. James is a bit stressed out. I keep trying to get him to take a break but he doesn't listen to me. I'm kinda sometimes because he cancels our movie nights." "Well he is working on a video. Give him some time." Jaiden said. "Everything will go back to normal." "I hope your right I said."

When I got home it was the same thing. I saw James drawing constantly non stop. I though he would be editing his video by now.

"James. I'm back." I said.

He didn't raise his head.

"I got everything you wanted." I said while raising my voice.

Didn't notice me.

I was so fend up with James I slammed the door. Put his stuff on the table and went to him.

"Adam! Don't slam the door." he said.

I walked over to him and leaned on his head. "So how close are you to being done?" "I'm so close. This is the last drawing. Then edit and end card. I should be done by tomorrow." I smiled and leaned more on his head. James tired to push my arm away him but I kept it on him.

"Today is a important day Jameson. Can you guess what it is?" He looked up at me upset. "Is it the day you get your huge arm off my tiny head?" "No. Today is the anniversary of when we first hung out." I said. "We're having a movie night and a date. You promised you would come." This seemed to of gotten James' attention. "I'll meet you for dinner and then we're gonna go to the movie ok?" I smiled. "Ok!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

James'POV

I worked up into late afternoon. I was tired and I forgot what time I was supposed to meet Adam. I still had to make my end card so I got to work. When I finally finished it was 7:00. I took a nap at my desk. "Jameson" I was jerked up and looked at Adam. He seemed mad at me. "Do you have any idea what time it is?" I looked at my phone. It was 9:38, I had 4 calls and more than 60 text from Adam.

"Your always do busy and you never show up. Do you know what it feels like to be ignored?"

"Actually, I do!" I said raising my voice. You put your stupid arm on my head like I'm a arm rest! Your always bugging me when you know I'm busy and I can't spend every second of every day with you. Plus I haven't seen you working on any videos." I said.

"Well I'm working on it! I'm just not a workaholic like you!" he said yelling at me.

"Your right Adam, YOUR JUST LAZY!"

"AND YOUR A TERRIBLE PARTNER!"

By the looks of it Adam went home. I went back to sleep. I was pretty mad.

When I woke up I was tucked into my bed. I didn't remember going to bed. I got out and looked around until I saw a little box. It had my name on it and below it had Adam's name. Adam must of gotten me something for our date. Darn it, I didn't get him anything. I opened it up and on the inside it was a Common Sense sweater and instead of the O having demon horns it was a heart. I put it on and it was a perfect fit. He must of worked in this really hard, and I didn't even show up.

I had to make it up to Adam. I looked around to see if he was still in my house but he wasn't. I drove to Adam's house and knocked on his door. It was pretty late at night so I didn't expect him to open the door, but he did. "James what are you doing he- " I didn't let him finish. I was so glad to see him I hugged him close.

"Adam I'm sorry! I didn't mean anything I said before. You were right, I was working too hard! I wasn't thinking about how you felt. I should of treated you better. I was a awful boyfriend and...." I started crying a bit.

Adam seemed like he was tearing up too. He held me tight. "James your not a bad boyfriend. I use your head like a arm rest and I annoy you. If you can't spend time with me all the time that's ok. I'm sorry I hurt you." "I'm sorry too." I said. Adam let me inside as we both sat on the couch.

"I found your gift. I wish I got you something." Adam looked at me and smiled. "Well we still never has our date yet. I can make popcorn and get blankets and you can choose a movie." he said. "Sounds good to me but I'll get the blankets and make the popcorn." I said.