17

I'm everything you can't control

Serina POV

After I fired the gun everything went black. I don't know how long it's been since I killed Kye. I shot him, dead. How can I justify my anger towards Lorenzo for shooting a gun—when I just did the same?

I couldn't open my eyes. Or rather I didn't fucking want to. I didn't know what had happened, but I was to scared to open my eyes to find out.

I had felt my body drenched with a cold sweat, my body aching with a numbing pain. I could hear voices asking me to open my eyes—but that thought of opening them made everything that happened seem darker.

I could feel everything and hear every word said around me. The wet cloth that was draped over my forehead. I heard Lorenzo's voice somewhere around me a couple times, but it was like he was saying words that I couldn't or didn't want to understand.

I would feel my teeth chatter and the rip of gauze off my skin. I must have caught a fever—or maybe this was all from shock. Or maybe I imagined Lorenzo saving me, and I was really just dead as a door nail.

That would be the easiest solution to this. If I croaked. I wanted a funeral, with some pretty flowers maybe. And drinks, lots of drinks.

My body had raked with the cold even though I felt warm cover rest over me. So I came to the conclusion that maybe I wasn't dead, because hell is hot—not fucking cold.

But everything I thought was confirmed when I felt a hand grab mine, it was hesitant and light. The hand which engulfed mine was much bigger, and steadier. The chill of cold titanium rings burned my skin.

It took me out of my head, and the cold had faded slightly. I didn't die.

I felt the hand bring mine to their lips, and I sighed slightly as I felt the hot and fragmented breath on my skin which seemed to warm me like fire. "I am so sorry sparrow." The voice echoed and I knew instantly who it belonged to, Lorenzo gripped like a lifeline onto my hand.

Sorry. Sorry doesn't sound like something he says easily, yet he says it to me almost like he was begging from my forgiveness.

But I forgave him the second I looked into his eyes as he burst through the doors to save me. I know that was a foolish thing to do, I know I had ran for a reason—but the reason became less then important as soon as he picked me up in his arms and held me to his chest.

Was I stupid for forgiving the man for hurting me? Absolutely without a doubt.

"Open your pretty eyes for me." He whispered, he sounded So vulnerable in this moment. How long as he been sitting with me? why was he sitting with me?

I felt my body shiver at the cold I felt. Or maybe it was his words.

I felt his grip on my hand tighten as he placed a kiss on my hand—it was soft and not what I expected of him. It was gentle and cautious, like I was fragile. Every move he made sent pain down my arm, but I'd take the damn pain a million times if I could feel the warmth he gave me for just another second.