40

Am I someone you cannot live without?

Serina POV

Burnt out coal. A scolding hot fury of heat dwindling to life due to the cool unforgiving water dumped down upon it. That was the only way I could describe myself right now, because to say that I felt nothing—I couldn't even describe that.

But there was something missing from me, I felt lost. Well not lost, I'd never let myself truly be missing.

I felt however that being lost, was going to be a lot easier then being found. Something would go down tonight, something that is dangerous.

Something that could risk everything—something that could risk a war. Whatever Lorenzo was planning on doing on doing...I was terrified for it.

Kingston stood guard of me as I changed behind a tall grey room divider, his hands folded neatly as he faced away. He was one of the only ones here who gave me the respect and decency of privacy.

Slipping my feet through the dress I winced as its material scratched my skin. It was decorated with pure crystals ; Satan wanted to show off, prove he was successful.

It was though, despite the discomfort, a beautiful dress. With long sleeve and a plunging neckline it shower my boobs off nicely, and the long beaded leg slit crafted my body shape.

My skin painted with a transparent golden wash , giving it a shining glow—while my hair now cut short to just bellow my shoulders was straightened down—a lot different from my usually mangled curls.

Walking out From behind the divider, Kingston turned to face me, a smile lighting up on his face as he looks at me. "You look just like your mother, beautiful."  He said, and I swore I could see sadness lace in the reflection of his eyes.

"Thank you." I smiled lowly as I shifted in my 6 inch heels. I was a short woman, but these heels gave me a uncomfortable height.

Kingston smiled lowly as he walked up to me, his eyes shining with pride. His hands reached behind his neck and with a smile he unclamped a necklace from his neck. "I want you to have this Serina." He smiled as he grabbed my hand and placed it in it, before closing my fist around the locket and chain.

His eyes again held sadness, but he masked it with a smile.

A knock on the door interrupted is both, before It opened hastily. Like it was calling for our response to action.

I quickly slipped the necklace inside of the décolleté part of my dress, before grabbing Kingston's arm and leaving the room.

Kingston was the only person I told about what happened in Thomas room. How Satan murdered Thomas and how I had to...

Kingston was the only man here I trusted, and the only person I've felt truly connected to.

The man who knocked on the door lead us into the throne room, Satan sat waiting on his bloody throne, dresses his a Black suit, his hair styled back and rings lining his fingers.