49

There's something mighty spooky going on around here

Lorenzo POV

I look at him blankly, my mind going over the words he just said. Anger filling every cavity of my body.
"He was dead. We both saw him." I said with clenched teeth, my fists balled up as he lifts a hand and gestures us to walk inside.

He was dead. I saw his blood myself. I saw the shrapnel deep in his chest.

"The men said that there was no other body at the crash." He said, as he reached into his pocket and pull out an envelope. "We caught a man outside the Russian base we has just left. He had this on him." Marco growled as he handed me a yellow envelope.

My hands tearing it open, I rip the contents out.
"Is the man dead?" I asked and he nodded.

"Satan sent him to us on a suicide mission." He said and I looked back down at a note that fell into my hands, written on white paper with red ink.

"Give me my wife Lorenzo.
Or I will take her by force.
Your friend, Satan."

I looked to Marco, and both anger and worry clouded his eyes.

"How do we know this is real?" I asked, and he let out a breath as he pulled out his phone from his pocket.

"Because he was spotted last night on security cams here, In Las Vegas." He uttered as he showed me the footage.

Satan looking up at the camera, like he wanted us to find him.

I shoot my eyes to Marco, the look on his face the same as mine. "What can be done." I say as we walk towards the metal doors, my mind flashing over every scenario of Serina's death.

Her death would kill me.

"We have men searching...but Lorenzo we need to do something, something he wouldn't think we ever would." He said, as he stopped us in front of the doors. "And I have an idea."

"What exactly are you thinking?" I asked with ill intentions.

•••

Serina POV

We ended up staying the night at the base, Lorenzo no where to be seen. Probably off being a twat with Marco.

I didn't sleep, I couldn't. Despite the massive bed I was given, I didn't close my eyes, not even for a second.

I'd left the bedroom as soon as morning light flooded in through the thick tinted glass windows.
That was Hours ago and I'd wandered all around the base since then and I didn't see Lorenzo once.

Now 9:27 pm, I felt uneasy...did he leave?

"So anyone can make this?" I asked, knocking myself out of my own head as I leant onto the counter where a man with high patience was actually making an explosive, or as I like to say a booty boom bomb. "Just like a at home do it yourself sort of thing?" I asked, which caused him to eye me.