67

I'm such a whore for Christmas cookies

I walked down a part of the hallway that felt stiff to me, wandering eyes glancing my way as people were huddled in small groups

They nodded to me, or adverted their eyes. Some smiled; in some attempt to earn a smile and some reassurance back from me.

I think a lot of the people here thought I was crazy.

And if not crazy, they thought I was dangerous. Lorenzo said it's good that they respect me enough to be cautious of me.

But I knew they'd never fear me as much as they feared Lorenzo—I don't think anyone was scarier then him when he wanted to be frightening. Sometimes he barley had to try.

To some I was still the daughter of their biggest enemy, the Dona of the Russian mafia.

Or well, the Dona of the Russian Mafia and the future Queen of Lorenzo's clubhouse.

I walked down the long hallway, that Lorenzo would scold me for going down later.

But I couldn't wait any longer to do this.

But I knew that Lorenzo feared me being alone, surrounded by situations he couldn't control because he wasn't with me. Which is why I waited for him to fall asleep.

And holy fuck, sneaking out of bed was hard. He is always alert, even in his god damn sleep go figure.

I always slept practically on top of him, his body holding me securely with his hand in my hair and my forehead in the crook of his neck.

I knew Lorenzo couldn't sleep properly without me by his side.

I'd known that since the first time He let me inside of his head.

He didn't sleep, not in the way he should.

Up until that one night, when he came back after he disappeared that first time after he told me how he felt; when he pulled me into his arms, thinking I was too drunk to notice him stroke my hair gently and kiss my forehead.

That was the first moment I knew for certain, that I was more than just curious about him, and That he was more than just curious about me.

I stopped in front of a door, it's steel frame a bit nicer then the rest of the doors. The handle crisp and ready to be turned.

I shook out my shoulders as I peered both ways down the hallway, as I brought up my nervous hand and pounded lowly on the door.