18

Went from one conversation to your lips on mine

Water cascaded down my back, slipping through my hair and warming my skin

Water cascaded down my back, slipping through my hair and warming my skin. The men's soap however made my hair stiff and like damn near straw—STRAW I TELL YOU.

carefully washing around the sore spots on my body, wincing any time I had to pass over or glance at the bruises and gaining marks on my stomach and legs.

No doubt that they would scar, they would fade slightly—blend into my skin more. But I will always know they were there, they will always be there for a constant reminder.

I hated that This was how I dealt with things. I know it wasn't healthy or right but I just can't help myself. Talking about it makes it hurt twice so if you keep it down then it sting but eventually you forget it was even there.

Toxic coping strategies who?

I know Lorenzo wants me to talk to him, to tell him every single thing that happened. But I can't not after what Kye said about my family.

What did everything he say even mean? Did my brother hurt my mom and did he actually threaten my life?

Kye gave me that information like he was dangling something in front of me wanting me to grab it; but each time I'm close he pulls away.

But what hurts the most is that If what kye said is true—Lorenzo knows all of it. So what makes him different then Kye.

"Serina hurry up I need to take a piss." Speaking of the fucking devil. Lorenzo's fists banging on the door of his bathroom.

I hated that he wouldn't allow me to have or use my own room and bath—that he won't let me out of his sight for more then 10 minutes.

"Use a different bathroom." I answered as I rested my head on the tile, my hands wrapping around my stomach. Closing my eyes tightly as I grip the black bruises made by feet kicking my stomach.

The pounding grew, and didn't stop. "Serina Open the fucking door." Lorenzo Beamed. Any sense of gentleness he had the day he rescued me, was gone. Not that I miss it or anything.

Sucking in a hard breath I turn the complex shower off, there was a million different little fucking things that I had no clue what to do. Finally I succeeded and stepped out; wrapping a white towel around myself.

Gripping the handle I turn the lock, and the door swings open.

Lorenzo was there leaning on the doorframe, his eyes meeting mine for just a few seconds before they trail the length of my body, and the droplets of water that ran down it.

His eyes moving towards the knot that held the towel against my chest, probably wondering how easy it would be to pull it and watch the only thing covering me slip off.