58

Please, be my downfall.

the man who returned with a few additional guards had whispered something into Lorenzo's ear

the man who returned with a few additional guards had whispered something into Lorenzo's ear. Something that troubled him, angered him.

I watched Lorenzo's body tighten, his hand gripping the gun so tight I thought he was going to crush it.

He locked eyes with me, and I saw that angered monster that would come out anytime he grew to be infuriated.

"Lorenzo." I said as I took a step forward, dispite how horrifyingly terrifying he looked now. His breath was heavy, and moved so he could look down into my eyes.

And I placed my one hand on his tightened bicep, and whispered "lover, talk to me." I begged, and he brought his hand and placed it behind my neck.

He looked like he was straining so hard to be gentle.

"Our room has been raided. Searched. He's looking for you." He growled, and his grip on my skin tightened slightly as I searched his eyes.

"Well it's okay, because I'm not in our room. I'm here. With you, right here." I said, as I move my hand to grip over his, his hand gripping the gun a little lighter now that my hand was overtop his.

Yet he looked down at me, and I knew I had missed something. "He wants to make a trade Serina." His voice sounded so conflicted.

A trade. I didn't even need to hear the next part to know what was to be traded.

"Me for Marco." I deadpanned. My life, for Marcos. "That slippery pieces of horse shit." I grunted as I closed my eyes for a moment

Satan wanted to make Lorenzo choose. His best friend, or me.

This wasn't a choice, this was a execution. And a part of us would all be dead in the end.

But when I opened my eyes, I saw Lorenzo's close.

Almost to hide the emotion inside them.

And when he opened them, he looked faded and angered at my realization, and bowed his head slightly.

If it came down to him having to choose, he'd break what was left of himself—I won't let that happen.

"It's okay." I said "hey look at me." I whispered as I moved my hand to his cheek.

And he opened his eyes and shifted them to me.

Why is fate always trying to tear us apart? Fuck you

I know what I have to do, what I could do. What I should do.

I can't let Marco die for something I am repsonsible for. I was the one who fought back against Satan, tried to kill him, he's angry at me, but I won't let Marco die for it.

Despite my unsure feelings right now for Marco, I won't let him die.

"It'll be okay." I smiled with tears in my eyes. "I'll be okay. He needs a heir, so he won't kill me."