Epiloge part 3

WARNING THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS MENTION OF SUICIDE, THAT MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR ALL OF MY AUDIENCE.

Marco POV

Marco POV

Lorenzo was screaming.

His blood covered hands shook her shoulders as he called her name over and over and over again.

The way he called for her made me flinch, his voice was tethered by nothing, and every syllable sounded broken.

Serina's name echoed like a chant, bouncing off the walls and mocking us. Mocking him.

His body trembled, and his hands that were on her couldn't hold still. "Serina!" He yelled at her, as she laid there motionless. A soft look on her face, almost like she'd found peace in this, while he found nothing but hell.

He grabbed her quickly, pulling her lifeless body
Into his torn up suit. Hugging her into his chest, And he cried.

My brother, my friend and my boss was never like this , yet as he held the body of his lover in his hands soaked with her warm and wet blood, he whispered prayers into her skin despite him being the most vile of sinners.

Their baby cried in my arms, thrashing. It's cries like a soft call to the both of them.

" you're okay. You're okay." Lorenzo told her, as he fisted his hand into her ratty hair and rocked her body.

Her hand still laying flat against the matress. Soaked in her own blood.

I just stared, and stared. My heart felt nothing, and I couldn't even move. I couldn't move even if I tried to.

She was dead. She was dead. She looked dead.

Lorenzo placed his forehead against hers, as he shook his head In pure and unhinged denial. Like he didn't believe this was real, that if he closed his eyes for long enough hers would open and she'd answer him.

But this—this truth. He couldn't bare this. Nor would he even try to.

A part of Lorenzo had always been broken, but I never thought I'd truly ever get to watch him completely shatter into pieces. Like the countless mirrors Serina had broken throughout her time with us.

He wore armour that was untouchable, but with a single look from her it could clatter to the floor.

She became everything to him. Everything he needed. Even if he refused to need her in the beginning.

And so, I envied what they had. Their love.
They were insane, they were crazy, yet they were so bound to each other's souls you could never say that they didn't love each other with everything that they had.

Lorenzo couldn't live without her. He knew he couldn't.

He picked her up in a swift movement, her body hanging from his arms.