Scene II: Famous?

It comes to the next day when the diner first opens. The sounds of ringing bells are heard as the camera shows Li's white work shoes. She approaches the employee break room to place her stuff back there and heads towards the front to wipe down the tables.

She turns on the radio before continuing to wipe down the tables to help pass the time. Soon, a song she likes comes on. She begins humming along with the tune and as the days pass, she starts singing the words. Hours later, as daylight comes, she is caught singing and humming the song.

"It’s a sweet chaos

널 알아가면 갈수록

내 취향과 패턴 그 모든 게 바뀌어

그런 나를 보면 maybe

바보 같아 보일지 몰라

그래도 좋아

It’s a sweet chaos"

"Hey Li Li," Nini started. "What song are you singing?"
"It's called Sweet Chaos by a group named Saturday. Apparently they're a popular boy band that's performing in this city right now."
"Speaking of boys.. Do you think you'll hear any news from your new loverboy?" Li scoffed.
"I already did. He never left after your shift ended."
"What? No kidding.. Well at least he's determined enough to wait for your stubborn ass."
"Hey!"
The universe is against you if you try and say you're not stubborn."
"You-!"
"Jyan!"
"Ye?"
"Is Li Li stubborn?"
"More stubborn than a boulder."
"That's petty.. Whatever. I guess you'd rather pick on me than find out what happened."

"Now who's the petty one?" Li Li glared at Nini. "But, tell me what happened." With a huge sigh, she gave her the run-down of what happened, leaving Nini in shock. "Well that's a new one.. Maybe you outta pay him a visit at his concert just to ruffle his feathers a bit."
"I don't know. I think I'd rather not see him again."
"Show me the signature. Maybe I know who it is?" Li Li sighed.
"Does it really matter?"
"Yes."
"But you saw his face. Don't you think you'd recognize him by that instead?"
"Just show me the g**damn paper."

Sighing, she did. Shaking her head, Nini handed Li Li back the paper. "Nope."
"I told you."
"Whatever. You'll find out eventually. And that's only if you want to know." Making a face at Nini as she walked away, Li Li sighed before getting up out of her seat and continued her duties.

- -

Days flew by and the song was stuck in her head. She listened to it every chance she could on the radio and soon, the day came when she decided to listen to the TV for a change. Flipping on the news channel and partially listening, the hours flew by as she still unconsciously hummed the song.

"You have a beautiful voice." Her eyes met up with his. She hadn't seen him days and yet, she couldn't agree that he hadn't waited long enough to see her. Clearing her throat, she quickly rushed to wipe down another table to the sound of him laughing. "I guess I've left quite an impression on you for you to hate me so much." She rolled her eyes.
"I don't hate you."
"Oh?"
"You just annoy my soul."
"Hm. I wouldn't think it that much seeing as to how you seem to like to keep me with you everyday."
"What are you talking about?" She turned around with her hand on her hip as she leaned on the table. He just grinned in response.

"I just came to check on you while I had some time.. And to order some of your delicious cheesecake." Sighing, she stood up straight with her arms crossed.
"For here or to go?"
"I think I'll let you decide that one." He smiled.
"To go it is." She nodded before walking off to the kitchen to tell the cook of his order. Putting the cleaning supplies in the back and washing her hands, she prepared herself for taking more orders before rushing out there.

He watched as she put on a smile for every other customer she took an order from and served. Seeing her smile gave him the energy he needed to let him continue the challenge for her smile to come because of him. Time passed slowly but he loved every second of it, as it was an excuse to be able to watch her. When she finally returned with his food, she turned to walk away when she paused and turned around. "Is that all?" He looked up at her with a blank yet slightly confused face before responding.
"Yeah." He nodded before plunging his fork into the cheesecake.
"Okay." She nodded before disappearing and coming back with his bill. "Here you go. Just sign here and I'll go ring you up." Without a word, he placed the money in her hand and kept eating. He closed the box as he heard her start to hum again to the song playing on the TV. It were as if she were his little musical robot that had been kept in the dark about whom their true master is. He just couldn't wait for her to look up and see the group that was on TV.

"Alright, here's your change."
"You really like that song a lot, don't you?" She bit her lip and looked away in response. He just chuckled. "You have a beautiful voice."
"You've said that already.."
"You don't take to compliments too kindly, do you?" She kept silent as she leaned forward on the bar. Eyes glued to the tabletop where his arms rested. "Ah look. There we are." He said in order to stall her as he packed up to leave.

Tuning into the song she had been singing, she caught sight of the group on the news as they had just done a concert earlier that day. His smile only widened as her eyebrows furrowed when she thought she saw him. "Wait.." She mumbled to herself, placing her fingers where her mouth was.

It was a lot to process. Yet, she couldn't blame her eyes because they had kept showing the boys one after another. Again and again. And she clearly saw, several times, video clips of the guy that was now standing there grinning right before her. "No.. Oh no.." She whispered to herself as she covered her face with her hand. She now knew who he was and that he wasn't lying.

How could she face him now? He knew that she loved their music, so he would no doubt hold this over her head as a way to tease her. Biting her lip, she looked over at him as he flashed her a quick smile before leaving out the door.

Overwhelmed by her emotions, though none could be identified, she caught sight of the napkin that apparently had something written on it.

My offer still stands..

           -LJK