Take Care

"You are a huge manchild when you're sick." She smiled, feeding him another spoonful. "But it's super cute." Preparing another spoonful for him, he refused to open up his mouth when presented with the food. "Brian, are you sleep?" He just shook his head. "Just about?"

"Sorta." He sighed.

"Just finish this bowl. There's only a few more bites left." Looking over at her, he said nothing as her eyes also locked in on his face.

Damn.. Why does he look this good while being this sick? She couldn't stop her thoughts and soon bit her lip while avoiding his gaze. Soon, she felt him take her hand and feed himself the food before taking the bowl and finishing the rest as well.

"There." Licking his lips, he returned his gaze toward Suzy who was just staring silently at him. He grinned. "Thank you for the food. It was delicious."

"Ah.. Oh, you're welcome." She replied, scratching the back of her head before getting up to leave. She was stopped by a hand on her wrist.

"Are you leaving?" She could see his desperation within his sleepy eyes.

"Maybe in a few. Why? Do need anything else?" She watched as he hesitated before looking down and letting go of her hand.

"No. Thanks for making sure I'm okay." Seeing him deny himself saddened her, but she eventually turned away to take his bowl downstairs. She looked over at the clock.

Midnight.

Sighing to herself, she set the bowl in the sink and thought over what she was doing. Looking over at her stuff, she didn't feel at peace with leaving him alone like that. She made her way back up the stairs to Brian's room and knocked softly. "Brian.. I'm coming in, okay?"

"Dammit." She heard Brian whisper as she entered the room. She blushed upon seeing him shirtless. It was nothing new, but still just as shocking.

"You doing okay?"

"It's just so damn hot!" He exclaimed.

"It's part of the symptoms, unfortunately."

"Yeah, I figured." He grumbled as she took a seat next to where he lay. "God.."

"Do you have a fan anywhere in the house?"

"There should be one in the hall closet." She nodded before going off to get the fan. Adjusting the angle, she turned it on.

"How's this?"

"I can just barely feel it."

"This?"

"Can you turn up a little more?"

"This is the last notch, so hopefully this is fine."

"Yeah, it is. Thank you." She nodded with a small smile.

"Need anything else?" She watched as his sexily sleepy eyes slowly looked over at her.

"Can you just.. stay with me for a minute?" Breathing out a smile, she sat on the bed with him. As soon as she sat down, he laced his fingers with hers. "Just lay with me. Just for a little bit." He breathed out with his eyes halfway closed. Smiling, she laid down beside him.

"You're such a huge baby."

"I'm not half as bad as you." He breathed, earning a sharp glare from Suzy.

"You better be glad I love you.. and that you're not contagious.." she mumbled as turned towards him. He didn't hesitate to pull her closer to him and holding her. "I thought you said you were hot?"

"Fans help tremendously." He breathed out just above a whisper. She grinned as she admired his face. A few seconds later, Brian sprinted to the bathroom. Suzy couldn't help but worry about him, but she knew not to disturb him while in the bathroom. Growing up, it was always the one place that he didn't want any company - especially when sick.

Upon return, he flopped onto his back before eventually turning towards Suzy and capturing her waist in his arms, resting his head on her stomach. She could only smile as she began to run her fingers though his hair. "You really don't want me to leave, huh?" She smiled. "Fine. I'll stay." She soon found herself drifting off and had pleasant dreams of her and Brian being together - old memories and new.

In the morning, she opened her eyes to see that she was alone in the bed. Maybe he's in the bathroom.. She thought. Pretty soon, she saw Brian walk in while buttoning his shirt. "You're up early." She said with a groggy voice. His attention immediately went to her.

"Yeah. Gotta get to work."

"So that means you're feeling better?"

"Yeah." He smiled. "Your soup helped a lot. Thank you."

"Shouldn't you take another day off just in case?"

"For what? I'm not contagious. If I have an episode again while I'm out there, then I'll just make the changes necessary for my situation."

"Well, you are an adult." She shrugged as he sighed in frustration due to dropping one of his cufflinks. Chuckling, she walked over to him.

"Here. Let me help you." She said, taking the cufflinks from him and doing it for him. He could only stare at her as she did so.

"Thank you." He smiled, taking a gander at her work. "They're on the wrong side, but thank you." He chuckled.

"What? There's sides to those things?"

"Well yeah. The design is supposed to be facing away from me. That's all."

"Well, let me fix them."

"No. I like it this way. I want to show everyone how you put my cufflinks on today." He chuckled, earning an eye roll from Suzy.