Scene XI: The Threat - Her Side

As Li Qi Hee & Lee Joon Kwang walk out of the restuarant, hand in hand, a camera snaps a photo on them. Then another snap after zooming in on their hands. The last photo taken is in black and white before the scene fades to black.

The scene fades in and the audience watches as the doors rings the bell to start a new day once again. Li Li begins working at the counter, cleaning as usual when Nini busts in from the back room.

"LI QI HEE!" Whirling around with worry painted about her, she laid eyes on Nini's worrisome face.
"What? Why do you look like that? Is something wrong?"
"Have you seen the news lately?"
"You know I don't watch that."
"Well, you need to. Apparently, the news caught your loverboy with some mysterious woman last night." Frowning ever so slightly to herself, she pushed her thoughts aside before placing her hand on top of Nini's phone before she could show her.

"Let's not, okay?" Turning around with a sigh, she began wiping the tables down again.
"Why not? I thought you liked this guy?"
"It's none of my business on what he decides to do with his life. Plus, he's not even mine.. We're not together, so it should be none of my concern." Dumbfounded, Nini just stared at her in disbelief.
"Are you hearing yourself right now? How can you say that?"
"He's just a guy with no significance other than that of being famous - which means nothing to me."
"Wha-?"
"Drop it." The shot from Li Li's eyes cut deeply into Nini's which told her not to cross that line. And so, she didn't, until it was unavoidable.

As they worked, they noticed some people coming inside the diner that acted a little more suspicious than they were used to, but brushed it off until Li Li caught sight of the news during her break.

"And today, on the city's local newscast, we have a special story on what seems to be 'A Budding Romance'?" The news anchor said.
"That's right. It seems as though the superstar, Lee Joon Kwang, from the award winning band, Saturday, was apparently sighted last night leaving a restaurant holding hands with a beautifully mysterious woman. Now fans are asking, "Who is she?" and "Just where exactly did she come from?" In fact, the entire world would like to know who this woman is, but it seems as though fans are already on the case, posting..."

She couldn't eat another bite. She was completely shocked at the clear pictures of her with Lee Joon Kwang leaving the restaurant last night. Dropping her sandwich, her mouth gaping, she slowly began to fizz and melt down into her shell of personal shame. "Oh no.." She whispered to herself quietly. Over and over again, she repeated the words until she felt a tap on her shoulder.

"Um excuse me, Miss?" Looking up at the person that the voice belonged to, her pupils immediately dilated in utter fear once she hear their inquiry. "Are you.. Do you know Lee Joon Kwang? You look exactly like the lady in this picture.. Is this you?"

'Oh my gosh.. Oh God.. So this is it.. This is how I'll die..' She lamented in her head. Before she could even get a word out, the girl kept talking.

"May I take a picture with you?"
"Ah, um.. No.. No than-" Suddenly, the flash of a camera went off on a different side of the diner and her eyes immediately followed. She felt her heart race with fear as she set eyes on a photographer from the Paparazzi taking photos of her. Then another flash came from the previous direction. The girl had taken her picture without consent. She immediately covered her face and sprinted toward the back room.

"Nini! Nini!" She wailed in desperation. "I need to call off work for today!" She screamed, throwing on her stuff to go home.
"What's wrong? Why?"
"There are people out there trying to take my picture without permission! They followed me here!"
"Whoah, whoah! Wait a minute. Explain this to me: Do you know why they are here?"
"Yes!"
"Why are they following you?"
"Because they're from the Paparazzi!"
"What? How could tha-?"
"I was the woman in the picture. I was with Lee Joon Kwang last night and we fought, but I-.. Oh God.. Just take me home!" With a nod, Nini throws on her things and braces herself for the impending paparazzi that would be pestering her best friend as they made their way to the car.

By the time they got outside, the Paparazzi were so many in number that they resembled that of angry bees from a hive that had just been destroyed. They immediately swarmed about her as soon as they caught sight of her and wouldn't quit. Nini almost ran over a few of the reporters because they wouldn't leave them alone even after the car had started. Shaking in the car, all Li Li could do was cry.