Stress Rest

"And we're back on the show with the famous and loveable Youngs! We have here Young K and Sook Soo Young!" The audience clapped for them as they waved. "Now, we've heard about the new movie that you guys did together, we've all seen the previews and it seems good, but what we don't know is how do you both feel now that it's over?"

Suzy didn't hesitate to speak up first since she was refusing to look back at Brian. She just couldn't stand to look at him right now.

"I'm just relieved, actually."

"Relieved? What did Spike Lee have you do? A marathon?" The host joked, causing everyone to laugh in response. "No, no. I love Mr. Lee. I love Spike Lee, I love his films, but I'm just a little tired is all." She smiled.

"Now, when you say tired, what do you mean by that?"

"Well, I just mean that it's been a long run doing this movie with my best friend, here," she motioned towards Young K - still refusing to look at him. "and I've been doing some other films as well which can be a bit tiring. So, I guess I'm just ready to take a little break."

"Oh, come on now, Soo. You can't just leave America on their toes! You're one of the greatest actresses out there! And this is the height of your fame! Why would you walk away from that when you could do so much more with what you have now?"

She chuckled in frustration as she pulled back her hair. "Like I said before, I'm just a little tired. I mean, everyone needs to rest for a bit every once in a while. I mean, even Mr. Rodgers took a rest period - or actually, a better example - God." She nodded and giggled. "Not pushing my faith on anyone, but if you look in Genesis, you'll see that even God rested." Nodding, but slightly frowning, Arsenio turned his attention to Young K who seemed to be just as shocked.

Why didn't she talk to me about this first? He wondered.

"Well, you know all of America will be sad to not be seeing you as much anymore."

"I mean, I won't be gone forever. It's just a bit of time to rest, okay? Maybe a couple months, maybe a year or two. You'll be fine." She smiled brightly.

"And what about you, Mr. K? What are your plans for after the movie?"

"Well, I figured I'd probably take a short break too-"

"Aw! Not you too!"

"Wait, wait! It's not what you think!" He chuckled. "I'm going to be taking a break from acting because I'll be working on more music."

"Whoah! Look at this triple threat right here!" The audience clapped.

"Triple?" He chuckled.

"Of course! Acting, singing, charming the ladies." The women in the crowd began to whistle and howl at Young K, causing him to laugh.

"Oh my Jesus." He chuckled, covering his face with his right hand. "You're such a nut. Stop that." He then discretely looked over while biting his lip and winked at the crowd, causing them to lose it again.

"You know it's not me, you sly dog. But one last question before I let you go." They nodded. "How do you feel about the premiere coming up?"

"That's.. What is it? Next week, right?" Suzy said, catching herself before she turned towards Brian.

"You don't remember your own premiere date?" Arsenio laughed.

"Listen, my dude - I play in a lot of movies. It's hard to keep up without looking at my calendar every 5 seconds." Everyone laughed before Brian slowly answered her question - it almost seemed as though he were saying it into her ear, which got her going. She quickly crossed her legs away from him as she nodded a thanks to him and kept going. "So, as Brian just confirmed, it's next week-"

"Who is Brian?"

"Oh-.." She laughed. "I'm sorry. That's just what I've called him since we were little. I try not to slip up, but it happens."

"What? Y'all grew up together? No wonder why you're both so great! You rubbed off on each other, huh?" Suzy could only chuckle nervously as she felt Brian pat her thigh. Her immediate response was to place her hand on top of his, but then she remembered Haze as soon she touched his hand and just removed it.

"Yeah," She answered through bitten lips. "And as you can see now, he was a pain." She rolled her eyes, to hopefully keep the tears from coming out.

"So I guess the rumors aren't true then, huh?"

"Oh, you mean-?" Arsenio nodded. "Ah, no. We're not-. No." She nervously chuckled as she felt a weight weighing in on her head. She just couldn't wait for the interview to be over with.

A few minutes later, the audience said goodbye to the two actors on Arsenio's show, and once the cameras went off, Suzy didn't hesitate to dart for her car.

The tears seemed to stream down like rivers on the way down to her car. She feared that she looked like a melted Queen again, so she took off the makeup when she got in the car with the makeup wipes in her bag.

Sighing to herself, she wiped away her last tear before she started the car up to go home where she spent the week crying each night.