On Set

They hadn't spoken in days - not even through text. It really began to bother Soo when Larry called her with an assignment.

"Hey Soo, I have some good news for you. Since we're almost done filming and the editing process has already started, we should be about a year to two years away from the premiere."

"That's great."

"Yes, and you know what that means.. Advertising. The Good Morning America show would like to have the first sneak peek at the movie. It'll be set for next week. Okay?"

"Oh yeah. That should be fine." She said, pulling out her calendar to double check. "Yep. Nothing around that time."

"Great. You and Young K will be there at 6AM for hair and makeup, then the interview will begin." She felt as though there were a rope wrapped around her neck. She knew that this day would come. But now they would have to fake their chemistry on a live broadcast. It was a cloud that began forming over her head as she continued to overanalyze the situation.

"That's just fine, Larry. I'll be on time."

"I'm not worried about that, Soo. You're almost always early." She hummed in response. "Anyway, you'll both be pretty busy once that interview goes live. So prepare for the usual."

"Yep. Gotcha."

"See you later, Soo."

Later, Larry." She sighed as soon as they hung up. She was sure that this was going to be a recipe for a disaster.

~

The day of the interview came and she sat, half-asleep in her chair as the hair and makeup team worked their magic to make her look alive. Her tea in hand, she sipped at it in hopes that the caffeine would kick in by the time the interview started. Sighing, she soon found herself drifting off. She woke up to a tap on her shoulder and quickly looked up at the culprit. Her eyes widened at the smile that greeted her. "Goodmorning sleeping beauty. I'll take it that you didn't sleep well."

"Ah.." she chuckled, attempting to take a sip of her drink that she realized had disappeared from her hand. She quickly looked around for it when she heard him laugh before reaching over to grab her drink off of the dresser for her. "Thank you."

"You're still not a morning person, huh?"

"Nor a night owl." She shrugged, taking a sip of her drink.

"Did your nap help you at least a little bit?"

"A bit." She said, showing how little it helped with her fingers. He chuckled. "Meanwhile, you probably stayed up til 3AM, knowing you."

"I honestly don't even remember what time I went to bed last night. I just know I immediately went to sleep as soon as I hit the bed." He replied, scratching the back of his neck.

"Typical Brian." She smiled, taking another sip as the cameramen called for places. She immediately took a huge gulp of her tea, causing a snicker out of Brian as he sipped his Iced Americano. They both made their way to the set and sat on the couch.

"Are you awake enough yet?" Brian teased.

"If I'm not, I better be." She simply responded as the cameramen began counting.

"Going live in five, four, three, two.."

"Hello all! This is your host, Meridith, of Good Morning America and today we have with us two very special guests here to share with us very special information about a very special upcoming movie. Please welcome Ms. Sook Soo Young and Mr. Young K." They waved into the cameras. "Good morning. How have things been going for you two lately?"

"You mean in regards to the movie, or just in general?" Soo asked, earning a chuckle from Brian and a shrug from Meredith.

"Whichever you would like to open up with is fine."

"Well.." She paused to look at Brian, mentally asking if he wanted to go first.

"No, you go ahead." He assured her.

"Okay. Well," she giggled. "I, personally, am fine."

"And you, Mr. K?"

"I'm good. I'm just super excited about this movie."

"Yes, yes. So tell us more about this movie? You know, what is it about? What's the dynamic between you two and such?" Again, Soo checked back at Brian to see if he wanted to speak and he gave her the okay.

"Well, the movie is essentially about a waitress - played by yours truly - and a rockstar-."

"Played by yours truly." He said, mimicking her. Rolling her eyes with a small smile, she continued.

"His character falls for my character first and they end up going out on dates where they feel each other out. Eventually, the Paparazzi gets a hold of them, forcing her to go into hiding with him."

"She means on tour." Young K corrected.

"Right. Uhm and that's where things really start heating up between them."

"Ooh. What kinds of things are we talking about here?" Meridith asked, curiously. Laughing, Sook Soo just shrugged.

"I guess you'll have to watch the movie to find out."

"Aw man. I can't wait. So what has it been like for you guys? Have you experienced anything that may have taken something more to come about from you?" Soo hummed in response before looking over at Brian.

"Mm.. you can take this one." He laughed in response.

"Okay, well honestly, it's been a little tricky in some areas. Like, for example, we've had to go for intimacy classes to help prepare us for the certain scenes that we won't really get into right now." Suzy chuckled. "But I will say this, it is a bit weird to work through those type of scenes with her because we are best friends and because usually when people get to those type of things, everything's just so automatic in real life. But on set, you cannot go on autopilot. I mean, that's an absolute no no. Because if.. say I'm in autopilot mode, how could I possibly hear when the director is giving us important directions on how to go about doing these certain things and such? And also, it's funny because you have to go back and keep refilming the same scene from different angles and such. So it really.." he paused, thinking. "It really takes a strong mind to pull off this sort of thing. Because the most important thing for me is that I always respect her as a person. But yeah. You?" He said, looking over at Suzy.

"Oh, um me?"

"Yes." He laughed with her.

"I mean, you pretty much summed it up pretty well. I can only agree with what you just said." She paused before springing up. "Except, if I may add, that there's most definitely a fine line between what goes on on set and reality. And with scenes like that where you feel the most vulnerable, you have to learn how to absolutely not mix the two."

"Interesting perspectives. Well, it was a pleasure having this moment with you two. I hope that your filming keeps going well. All of America will keep their eye out for the film 'Sweet Chaos' which is directed by Spike Lee."

"Yes, thank you Meridith for having us. We enjoyed being on the show." Soo said with a big smile.

"Alright, well that was our sneak peek of the movie Sweet Chaos directed by Spike Lee. Up next, we will have The Jonas Brothers on their newest album and the youngest brother, Nick's recent marriage to Priyanka. All coming up next right here at Good Morning America. So stay right here and we'll be right back after this short break."