Hypotheticals

"Brian.." She started, causing him to pause and back away from her.

"I'm sorry."

"I Love You." She watched his smile grow as he nodded.

"I Love You Too."

"Weird question."

"Weird answer." He said before taking another sip of his coffee.

"Are you the type that needs something solid before going on with something?"

"What do you mean?"

"Like.. For example, if I asked you, even though we're not together, to kiss me, would you do it?"

"It's happened before.." He frowned, shrugging.

"Point taken." She mumbled. "Okay." She quickly got up but was stopped by Brian's hands wrapped about her waist.

"Wait." She turned to face him. "Are you asking for a friends with benefits type thing?" She couldn't reply with anything worth substance, as her mind had seemingly completely left her. "I.. I can't do that with you. I'm sorry. I treasure you way too much for that." He said, pressing his forehead against hers.

"I understand.. I just.. I'm a little crazy sometimes.. I don't know what I was thinking.." She felt his hands tighten about hers.

"Please, just tell me.. If you can do a friends with benefits, what's so different and hard about a relationship?" His eyes pleaded.

"I.." No matter how much she searched, she could never find the right words to convince him or herself of what she truly meant. "I just don't want to hurt you.."

"I get it. But love comes with pain. And with struggle comes a great reward. I just want us to have that. Friends with benefits is just a wall that was built for people who are afraid. And I'm not saying that being afraid is not okay, I'm just saying that it's not okay when it keeps you from having something that's so special. Okay?" Nodding in response, he pulled her into a hug. Looking up at him, she felt bad about her words.

"I'm sorry."

"It's fine."  He said, resting his forehead onto hers again. His lips tingled with desire each time he felt her skin touch his lips. Eventually, he came to kiss her face a few times before getting to her lips. At first, it was a soft kiss with only the lips involved. But soon, because she had initiated it, each kiss between them deepened and she soon found herself at his mercy.

She had been laid so perfectly into his web that she hadn't noticed what she was doing to him. Her hand gripping onto his thigh as the kiss got deeper, his conscious mind quickly began fading away as he found himself beginning to melt with every soft moan that she gave out. His hands soon began to have minds of their own as they went from holding her face to running across her body. The feeling of her skin, to him, was the best thing that any man could feel. Biting her lip to tease her a bit, he found himself standing and directing her body toward the staircase. There, he seemed to lose total control of himself, kissing every inch of her that he could on the way down to her neck.

Her fingers lacing themselves in his hair, her other hand began to run up his torso while lifting his shirt. Soon, his hand reached down, pulling her leg up around his waist for comfort. He then bent down to her level to lift her up and wrap both of her legs about his waist as he stabilized them on the wall. Biting her lip, she dug her fingernails into his shoulder a bit when he had lifted her. This familiar closeness flipped a switch in him that made him hungry for her. Leaning into her, he teased her lips some more before tearing them away from the wall and laying her on the couch. For a moment, she wondered why he hadn't done anything to her yet until it hit her.

"I can't do this." She sat up, looking over at the man next to her with his hands on his face. "I'm sorry. I've gone too far this time." He sighed. "I must've lost my mind.." She had no words. All she could do was sit there and try to figure out what had gone wrong until it hit her - it was never supposed to happen in the first place. "I can't do this because I know I can't control myself around you. I don't wanna open the door to something that could be a bottomless pit.. a pit that I'll never get the chance to seal.. I just want it to be sealed before we do, okay?" She nodded.

"Yeah.." Biting her lip, she laid her head on her knees to avoid looking at him. "Should I leave?"

"No." She looked at him in confusion. "We promised each other two days of being open, but we can't do that if we're apart."

"Right." She sighed to herself, closing her eyes.

"I'll sleep down here tonight. That way we won't be late for work in the morning.." he grinned.

"Pervert." She laughed, biting her lip.

"I'm glad we could clear the air. Though, there's just one thing left to do now."

"What?" Her furrowed eyebrows questioning him.

"Come find me when you're ready.. with your answer.."