The First Few Steps

After some time had passed and it was getting closer to the release date of the film, Suzy began to really feel the effects of denying herself the one true thing that she had been desiring most. And despite being aware of it, she chose to ignore it - hoping that it would go away sooner or later. Though, that wasn't the case this time.

She sashayed her way down the halls with bitten lips as she made her way to the break room in hopes of seeing him there. She grabbed the handle with closed eyes, taking in a deep breath as she braced herself for the inevitable conversation. Nodding to herself, she finally went inside.

"Sook Soo Young." He grinned.

"Hey Larry. What'chu got for me?" She asked as she took a seat on the other side of his desk. Larry then took his feet off the desk, relieving him of his relaxed pose, and leaned forward.

"Well, I have some work for you and some advice." She nodded to get him to continue. "Well, you have a slew of interviews to tend to with Mr. K that will all align to help promote the film." She nodded again. "Now, usually, you'd see this as good news," Her face twisted in confusion. "but seeing your face now says it all." It was now Larry's turn to sigh. "I can't believe I'm saying this.." he mumbled. "But I think.. I think it's best if you just take a break.."

"What?" She said in disbelief.

"I think it's best for you to not take on another film right now. You don't seem like you're in a place where you can handle-"

"Handle? Larry, what are you talking about? I'm fine!" She hollered in confusion.

"Relax, Soo. This is exactly what I'm talking about. You're not fine."

"How can you just sit here and tell me that? How do you know how I am?"

"Because you've been my client for years and you're not that hard to read." They stared at each other for a short time before Larry sighed. "As your top agent, it is also my job to make sure that you are in top health - especially when I know and see how hard you work."

"So, what are you saying? Are you not going to give me my jobs?"

"I can't just not give you your jobs, but I can strongly advise you to take a step back - just this once. This film has really done you in this time and I think it would be foolish to just allow you to keep going like this. So, just do the interviews and come back to me in a few weeks or months - however long it takes." She felt as though she were on the verge of tears. Nodding, she finally stood up after some time in attempt to leave - cut and dry. "Suzy," She paused just as she was about to open the door. "You know that this hurts me too, all jokes aside with me only getting 20% of your income and all. But just keep that in mind just in case you've forgotten my number one promise to you when you joined - we will take care of you like you are our own because you are. We all love you here, Soo. Remember that."

With a small nod, she left the room without another word.

She walked down the stairs and onto the busy streets of Los Angeles. She walked until a window to a shop caught her eye. Headlines everywhere were showing various photos of Young K with different women - acclaiming him to be a player. She immediately went into the shop and and skimmed the photos to check the accuracy of the stories and photos.

That couldn't be him.. There's no way he'd do something like this.. He's too sweet for that..

Though, as she flipped through the pictures, her eyes widened at two particular pages that convinced her to buy the magazine. Running home in a rush, she immediately threw the tabloids on the kitchen table and really took the time out to read them. Her heart sank as she read the claims.

The Youngs' Hook Up

Actor Young K and Actress Sook Soo Young Seen Leaving Bar Drunk and Handsy

Despite the crippling pain of finally understating Larry's words and her mind whirling with worry and wonder of how the paparazzi had even gotten these photos of them together, one thing hurt the most.

Young K Seen with Singer Haze

The actor was seen visiting the home of popular korean singer Haze this past weekend and the two seem to be a match made in heaven.

Photos of Young K with Haze holding hands, hugging and hanging out together in public disturbed her.

No.. No.. This can't be true..

She told herself as she tried her hardest to keep her tears in their tear ducts.

This has to be some sort of misunderstanding.. A publicity stunt.. Yeah.. It has to be a lie.. Everything..

Despite telling herself of what may logically be the truth, she couldn't help but feel as though she were telling herself nothing but comforting lies that did everything but. Sighing to keep from crying, she stood up from the table and made her way to her room, slamming the door behind her. Upon impact of her face against the pillow, her phone vibrated. Immediately, she checked it and soon smiled with her red, puffy eyes at the message.

Brian: Hey, you okay?

"See? I knew it was a lie.."

Sookie: Yeah, I'm fine. You?

Brian: I'm good. Just wanted to check on you. See you tomorrow.

Sighing to herself, she nodded as she turned over, wiping her tears away, smiling.