Scene V: Sparkle

"Li Li," Nini started. "Where were you last night?"
"What do you mean?"
"I stopped by your house and I called you. Why didn't you at least let me know that you were okay?"
"Ah, I'm sorry. I guess I just got caught up and stuff when I fell asleep."
"Hm.. So.. Have you decided yet?"
"On..?"
"Going to the concert to see that guy and make things right again."
"Oh.. Yeah. About that.." Nini raised an eyebrow at her. "I already went."
"What? Why didn't you tell me?"
"I'm sorry!"
"Nevermind that. Just tell me what he said."
"Well, the other day, I went to the concert alone and he seemed to be very happy to see me. We didn't say much then, but he asked me to come by again last night."
"So did you?"
"Yeah.." She nervously replied as she recounted their interactions from that night.

-

She had just gotten off of work and was very tired, though decided to keep her promise and visit him. Upon arriving at the arena, the same man that inspected the napkin from the previous night took one look at her before pulling out his walkie talkie.

"She's here. I need someone to take her around back again."
"Someone will be right down." It wasn't a long wait, though it did feel a little awkward as she stood there for a moment.
"I'm Lucas." The security guard suddenly said. "Just thought you should know my name since I have a good feeling that I'll be seeing you a lot."
"Nice to meet you. I am Li Qi Hee." He just smiled back at her and soon, the other security guard came to take her backstage. She had been lead to the same room as before, which was fine by her as she preferred the familiar.

"Mr. Lee will be back shortly after they all get back from their lunch break."
"Thank you." Nodding back at her, the security guard left. Sitting herself and her things down on the bed in front of her, she rubbed her eyes as she tried her hardest to stay awake by keeping herself occupied on her phone. Though, in her failed attempt, she still fell asleep.

A few minutes had passed when the door knob turned and Lee Joon walked in. He sighed very quickly before noticing the sleeping girl on the bed. Smiling to himself, he watched her for a little while before going to the closet to get a blanket. Setting it down for a moment, he took the liberty of moving her feet from hanging off of the edge to resting on the mattress before laying the blanket over her. Smiling to himself, he noticed her phone lighting up with a text message. Getting closer to her phone, he took note of her battery percentage and plugged it into the wall, setting the phone on the nightstand. Lastly, he took a moment to sit in front of where she slept, slowly removing as much hair as he could out of her face. He made sure to be careful enough not to wake her.

"I'm so glad you came back." He whispered to himself. Suddenly, the door opened to reveal a loud mouth.
"Hey Lee, the guys'll be up in-."
"Shh!" Stopping mid-sentence, Jun's attention soon focused on the lump on Lee's bed.
"Oh, sorry. Can you step out here for a second?" Once out there, Jun began his questions. "Firstly, we're going up to practice in five minutes. Secondly, what is that?"
"Relax Jun. It's just a girl."
"A girl? Lee, my boy, you've obviously done some crazy stuff before, but why on earth would you bring a girl-?"
"Look man, just relax."
"Where is she even from? Do you even know her?"
"She's a good and beautiful girl. I met her at a diner. She seems to be a little stuck up with a chip on her shoulder at times but it's okay."
"It's okay?"
"Yes."
"You really think that this is okay?"
"Yes."
"Why?"
"Because I know that I am going to break that chip off her shoulder."
"What!? You-!"

"It's time to go, guys." Nudo yelled from afar.
"Alright!" Sighing, Jun gave Lee an intense look. "We will talk about this after the show."
"Sure. But I don't see what there is to talk about."

Some time later, Li Li woke up. Once she came to her senses, she groaned. "Shoot. I wasn't even supposed to fall asleep!" She suddenly heard her phone buzz. Looking over at the nightstand, she furrowed her eyebrows as she watched her phone ring, not paying any attention to who had been calling her. She was just curious as to how her phone had gotten all the way over there.

Looking down, she became even more confused. How on earth did a blanket get here? Did I sleepwalk to get it? No, that's silly. She sighed to herself. Suddenly, she heard the door opening slowly and soon saw a wide smile to accompany it.

"You're awake." He breathed.
"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to-"
"No, no. Don't apologise. I completely understand. You've had a busy day and my bed makes you feel comfortable."
"Thi.. This is your bed?"
"Yes." She immediately jumped up and smoothed her dress. "What are you doing? Just sit down. No one asked you to get up. If my bed makes you feel comfortable, feel free to use it." He said, sitting her back down.

She sat twiddling her thumbs until she lifted her inquisitive eyes toward his. "Why did you ask me to come here?"
"I will only tell you if you promise not to run away or get upset." Raising an eyebrow, she gripped onto her dress. "I just find you to be extremely beautiful - but not just on the outside. I can't really explain it, but I just see you for who you really are. You have a sparkle to you that people almost never see because it's so rare and I love seeing it. Even if I may get the short end of the stick, which is the cold shoulder from you, seeing your sparkle just intrigues me and it makes me want to know more about you. Although, the sad thing is that I don't have a lot of time. Our last show is in a few days and so, I want to just be able to take every moment I can to get to know you."

She casted her gaze to the side as she bit her bottom lip. "Would you be willing to get to know me while allowing me to get to know you?"

-

"And you said?"
"I guess so. I mean, I really didn't give him a straight answer then. He just smiled and started talking again."
"About what?"
"He talked about his life a bit. About the things in life he won't forget and then, when he finished, he turned to me and said, 'Alright. Now it's your turn.' but then someone came to the door and he had to leave. And so, he turned to me again and said, 'When you come back here next time, it's your turn.' and then he left."
"When are you going back?"
"I don't know." She shrugged.
"Get it together, girl. This is a chance of a lifetime and the last concert is in just a few days. So if you want to connect with him, I suggest you allow him to get past the nitty gritty and allow for him see you."