Scene XXVI: Reevaluation

She was speechless and could only observe or be a listening ear for the next few days. Her mind was in deep thought of what all was happening to her. She had not the slightest clue of how to deal with this situation and couldn't decide on if she should tell him. If he were displeased with the outcome of their summer fling, the easy answer would be to get rid of the issue - but which issue to get rid of would be the question. If he were happy about the news, the question would then be if she would want to be tied to him forever.

Her thoughts swam back and forth in her head as she tried to figure out if and when she should tell him about the news. "Hey." He said, snapping her out of her thoughts. "Why have you been so quiet lately? Are you sick again?"

"No. I'm not sick.." she trailed off with a sigh as she placed her head on her knees. "Just.. thinking.."

"About what?"

"Nothing.." He rolled his eyes.

"Fine." His cold demeanor once again made her wonder and lean towards not telling him.

Maybe this would just be another burden to him.. And if it is, then he might.. She squeezed her eyes shut, refusing to finish the thought. Shaking her head, she wiped away the tears that were forming in her eyes. She soon heard him sigh.

"Dammit." He whispered to himself. "Why are you crying?"

"Nothing. I don't know.."

"If there's nothing to cry about, then why are you crying? Don't lie to me. Something's up." She just shook her head as he sat down beside her.

"Nothing's wrong, I swear. I just keep crying out of nowhere." She said, wiping her red, puffy face.

"Bullshit." He grumbled. "The Li Qi Hee I know would never cry over some bullshit like that. Why the hell are you lying to me?" He angrily pressed. "Are you hiding something from me?"

"Lee.." She couldn't finish. She couldn't think of another lie as he began to nod.

"Wow. " His face began to turn red. "So you're keeping secrets from me now too, huh?" He wiped his eyes of the tears threatening to come out. "First you say no sex, now it's secrets. What's next? Leaving me?" He spat.

"Lee, I.." She sighed. "I just have a lot to think about and it's just weighing in pretty heavy on me. That's all."

"Why can't you share that burden with me? I'm here! Let me be here for you!"

"You're already so stressed. I don't wanna add to your pain."

"You're adding to it right now by not telling me." He grumbled with daggers in his eyes. "Whatever it is, I'd rather know sooner than later." She cast her gaze to the side and sighed.

"Just let me tell you on my own time, okay?" He rolled his eyes.

"Whatever." He grumbled as he retreated back to his bed, throwing on his clothes. "Keep lying to me like that. Keep hiding things from me. Keep rejecting me. That's fine. But don't regret where you end up because of it." He said before walking towards the door.

"Where are you going?"

"Somewhere." He plainly answered before leaving. She couldn't help but cry as soon as he left. She had never been more scared or felt so alone on her life.

~

When he came back, he saw her laying on the bed, sleeping in an odd position. To prevent her from waking up with a crick in her neck, he repositioned her and picked up the small plastic thing that fell out of her pocket. After a moment of processing what he was holding, it hit him all at once what it might have meant. He immediately pulled out his phone to quickly see if the answer on the test was what he thought it was. Upon seeing the answer, his heart dropped.

She was pregnant.

Sighing to himself, she placed his hands over top of his head. "Shit." He sighed. Looking down at the test again, he kept blinking in hopes that it might eventually read as something else, but no matter how may times he blinked, the lines never changed. "Dammit." He angrily whispered, slapping his thigh as he began to cry into his arm silently. He knew that he wouldn't be sleeping at all that night, as his only focus was to keep staring at the very thing that showed him proof of his mistake.

I should've been more careful..

Night turned into day sooner than he expected - despite the fact that he felt all of the effects of having stayed up all night watching as Li Qi Hee slept. When she woke up, she immediately took note of Lee's disturbed red face. "Hey, are you okay?"

"Yeah.. I'm uh.. I'm just fine." He smiled sadly. Her eyes soon went down to what was in his hand causing her to freeze as she felt for the test that was once in her pocket. Taking note of her distress, he just shook his head. "This fell out of your pocket last night when you were sleeping." He slowly looked up at her. "Why didn't you tell me?" She was speechless. She couldn't find a valid answer in her mind that would please him. "Were you thinking of an alternative way or what?"

"No. I just.. I didn't have the right words to say right then."

"Then when were you planning on telling me?" He snapped.

"I-I don't know.. I guess when things got better and I had the right words to say." She said, biting her lip as she looked down at her hands.

"What do you mean if things got better? Better for who?"

"For you. When you would be under less stress and could handle a little more pressure like this." She exclaimed, scratching the back of her head. "It's just that you're just so unpredictable when you're like this and it scares me." Her voice was smaller than before.

"Unpredictable?"

"Yes. You have these crazy, random outbursts of sexual energy and anger when you don't get what you want from me."

"So you believe that I'm a sexaholic? Is that it?"

"It's a little more than that.. I think that maybe you just expect a little too much from me and it makes me feel uncomfortable.."

"Uncomfortable.. Is that why you never want to have sex with me? Because you think that I make you feel uncomfortable?" He yelled, obviously offended.

"Lee Joon, please stop yelling." She calmly stated.

"You think that this is really okay to keep the fact that we're having a baby from me just because you feel uncomfortable around me? What kind of sense does that make?"