Scene XXV: Testing..

The illness persisted for days, running Lee Joon to his wit's end on his patience meter. He was stressed from all of the clashing that was going on with the band after just losing Jun; and now, he always had to come back at night to a sick lover that he would spend all night taking care of. Making sure she ate, she was comfortable and etc. Usually, he would be sweet and gentle with her when he came back from rehearsals;

But tonight was different.

Upon arrival, he slammed the door behind him before sighing with his back against it. Eyes closed, he tried his hardest to relax but couldn't shake the feeling of being uneasy. All he wanted was what he hadn't had in a long time. He wanted to vent his anger and frustrations his own way, but it stressed him out even more knowing that he wouldn't be able to do that because of Li Qi's illness.

After getting himself together, he finally approached the bed where Li Qi usually would be laying and sat waiting for her to leave the bathroom. After a moment, he grew impatient and went to stand in the doorway. "Hey." She mumbled, brushing her teeth.

"Hey." He grimly replied. "You feeling any better?" Spitting into the sink, she rinsed her mouth out before answering.

"Yeah." She breathed with a smile. "Thank you for taking care of me." He soon approached her, wrapping his arms about her waist from behind as he stared at her from within the mirror.

"I love you." He said, planting a kiss on her forehead.

"I love you too." She sighed, leaning back into his embrace. She could see as his eyes changed in the way they looked at her. They seemed to be twinkling before he lowered his gaze to her neck and shoulder. Bringing his lips towards the forbidden fruit, he allowed himself sweetly plant a small kiss just below her ear. Feeling her body lightly shiver beneath his lips put him in a trance that made him gaze at her neck for a long time before going for it.

"God, I missed you." He whispered against her skin as his hands ventured beneath her shirt.

"Lee.." She lightly moaned she felt him nibble on her skin. Biting her lip, she tried her hardest to regain her thoughts. "I-I just s-started feeling better.. Don't  you t-think it's a little too soon?" She shivered as his lips traveled down to kiss her chest before pausing.

"Do you still feel nauseous?"

"No."

"Are you having night sweats?"

"No."

"Then it should be fine." He mumbled into her stomach, burying his face into her skin.

"Lee, I mean it. Seriously. Can't we just wait a few days just to be sure?" He sighed as he rolled his eyes.

Standing back up at his full height, he angrily stormed off to his bed as he mumbled, "You always fucking do this."

"Lee.." she sighed, approaching his bed.

"Do my feelings even matter to you anymore?" He spat.

"Of course they do! I'm just looking out for your well-being because I don't want you to get sick when you and I both know that you have performances to prepare for." He just scoffed.

"Bullshit." Shaking his head, he stood up and walked off into the bathroom. "I'm taking a shower." He grumbled before shutting the door behind him. She could only sigh as she focused on holding back the tears she felt were threatening to fall. She eventually got up, throwing her coat on, and took a walk outside. They were in the US now, so she felt safer going out by herself.

As the cool night air gently kissed her face, she approached a convenient store where she loomed about the place for a while before finally catching sight of something that made her pause.

That pink box sitting peacefully on the steel rod made her wonder if there could be a possibility. Shaking away the thought, she quickly went to the snack section and chose a variety of chips - including some flavors she wouldn't normally reach for. But as her mouth watered over just thinking about how good the treats would be, she couldn't help but think about the pink box that kept taunting her in the next aisle over.

Sighing to herself, she walked toward the cash register to pay. "Hoping for a miracle or praying away a disaster?" The man asked.

"What?" She blurted out in confusion.

"The pregnancy test." He simply stated. "Are you hoping or-?"

"I don't think that's any of your business, sir." She snapped. His face turned grim as he scanned the box and threw it with the rest of the stuff.

"Praying it away, I see." He mumbled. "Ten twenty-seven." Scoffing, she handed him the money before walking off.

She didn't go back to the hotel. She couldn't allow herself to go back knowing that Lee might find the test. She was afraid of how he might react upon seeing it. He was unpredictable when under a lot of stress. So she took the bag with her to munch on the chips at a nearby fountain as she contemplated her next move.

Either way, I'll have to find out somehow.. She sighed, finishing the last chip in the bag. Biting her lip, she stood up and went inside a nearby hotel that wasn't the one Lee was staying at.

"Hello! Do you have a reservation?" The receptionist smiled.

"No. I'm sorry, I just need to use your restroom, if I may."

"Of course. Walk down here and it's the first door to your left."

"Thank you."

"No problem."

Once in the restroom, she opened the box and took the test. "Now the directions say I have to wait five minutes.. So maybe I should walk back to the hotel while waiting.. I guess by the time I get back, I should have my answer and Lee should be out of the shower." Nodding to herself, she put the cap back on the test and stuck it in her pocket.

The walk back seemed to be weighing in on her as she thought of the possibilities of if she passed this test, how Lee would react to it and how it could possibly affect his career if she were..

Taking in a sharp breath, she tightly clutched the test in her jacket pocket. Anxiety was eating away at the thought of Lee knowing about her suspicions.

Would he be happy? Would he feel even more stressed than he is now? And if so, where does that leave me? Do I even want to have a child with him? The curiosity was eating her alive as she walked into the hotel lobby and up the stairs. Upon entering the room, she noticed that all of the lights were off and noticed Lee turn in his bed away from her.

Sighing, she rushed into the bathroom without a word and took out the test. Her eyes widened as she checked the directions on the box again. Shaking her head, she sighed.

"Oh shit.."