Scene XXIV: Ill

After Li finished cleaning herself up, Lee walked back into the bathroom. "I'm sorry you're not feeling well, baby." He said upon seeing her red and sick-looking face.

"Who was it?"

"It was, uh.. It was the band.." he sighed. "I'm sorry, I know you're not feeling well and I wish I could stay to take care of you, but-"

"Just go. I don't want you to get into anymore trouble because of me." He sighed.

"Baby, for the last time, it's not your fault. So stop saying that."

"But it's true. I think it's a little funny how by the end of this tour, if I'm still here, all of the band members might hate me." Lee's face hardened.

"If you're still here?" He stated. "What the fuck, Li? Are you really planning on leaving me?"

"Lee, stop. I'm not leaving."

"Then why the fuck would you say something like that? Saying, 'If you're still here' What the fuck is with that shit, huh?" He spat.

"Lee, just go. I don't know what all the members said to you, but you need to cool off and stop taking it out on me right now."

"Oh, so you want me to just leave you so you can start packing your stuff, huh? Okay. Fine. I'll go. But I swear to you one thing, Li - If you leave, you can never come back." He angrily spat with a pointed finger before storming out.

Sighing, she dipped her head down in pain as she began crying. "Ugh. Why am I crying?" She began fanning herself. "Stop crying. Stop it. Stop." She commanded herself but failed to obey her own orders which led her to crying even harder. "Dammit! Stop crying!" She cried in frustration as she began to crumble up in a ball on the floor. "It's fine. It'll be fine by tonight." She told herself.

Eventually, she was able to stop crying, but was too weak to move from where she sat. So she stayed there thinking and reflecting on everything that had happened ' from the moment that they first met til now - and she wondered how she had not only fallen for him so fast, but also wondered how a man as sweet as he was when they first met could have turned out to be so bitter.

He's just having a hard time. He'll apologize and come to his senses. She told herself before hauling herself from off the floor and walking over to rest on the bed. Closing her eyes, she soon opened them up again upon feeling a pair of lips on her forehead.

"Hey baby. How are you feeling?" He softly said with a small, yet concerned, smile.

"Oh my gosh. I swear, I thought I just blinked. I must've fell asleep." She said, shooting up but instantly regretting it upon feeling the intense headache. Covering her eyes, she buried her face in her knees.

"Have you been asleep this entire time?" He asked. She simply nodded. "Which means you haven't eaten.." He sighed. "Wait here for a moment." He left for a few minutes before returning with some food. "Here. Eat this. It'll make you feel better. After you finish eating that, I'll give you some pain medicine."

"Thank you." She whispered, taking the food. The first bite she took made her feel nauseous all over again and she immediately ran to the bathroom to throw up again. She didn't make it to the toilet in time and ended up throwing up on the floor.

"Aww, dammit." He said under his breath as he observed the mess she was sitting in. He immediately moved her over to the toilet and threw some towels down to keep the fluid from spreading.

"I'm sorry." She cried into the toilet. "I'm so sorry." He just shushed her as he rubbed her back to soothe her as she threw up.

"Don't be sorry. In times like these, I'm supposed to take care of you. So don't be sorry." He then chuckled to himself. "Since you were asleep all day, that must mean you still haven't taken a shower, huh?" His smile over grew as he teased her. "You're gonna have to take one now." He glanced over at there towels for a moment before sighing. "Right after I clean up this mess so you don't slip and hurt yourself."

"I'm so sorry.."

"Stop being sorry over the things you can't control. You didn't choose to be sick, so don't choose to be sorry." He stood up for a moment. "I'll be right back, okay? I'm going to get more towels." He chuckled to himself. "And a mop." He remarked on his way out. A few minutes later, he returned with a woman right behind him. "Are you done for now?" He asked and recieved a nod from her. Picking her up, he laid her down on the bed as the maid went straight to work on the sticky mess on the bathroom floor. He examined his hand after laying her down. "My God, you're wet. Are you sweating?" He placed a hand on her forehead. "Oh God, you're burning up!" He immediately began to remove her clothes and replaced them with clothes of his own which consisted of just a shirt and a pair of her shorts. He figured that it would be light enough to help her cool down, but also warm enough to allow her body to stay at the temperature it needs to fight off whatever illness she had.

"Lee," She started. "Thank you." He just smiled at her before kissing her forehead.

"Get some sleep, okay?" Nodding, she shut her eyes, drifting off before she even knew it. Meanwhile, Lee was frustrated.

How am I gonna take care of the band and a sick girl? He sighed to himself. For once, he truly felt as though she were a burden.