Scene XXVII: One Of Us

"Lee, please. Can you just stop?" She frustratedly exclaimed. "I just didn't know how to process everything that's been going on in my head for the past few days.."

"..Past few days?" He started. "You've known for more than a day and you didn't even bother to fucking tell me? What the fuck Li? This is my child too! Don't I have the right to know of my baby's existence?" He yelled.

"Stop yelling at me! I was scared!" She began crying again. "I was scared that maybe you wouldn't want to deal with me after finding out, or that maybe you'd become more possessive, or that you'd even become like this!"

"Like what?" He barked.

"This!" She cried as he got in her face to look into her eyes. "You're just so scary.. I don't even know who you are anymore.." She whispered as her tears spilled out. "You used to be so sweet to me.. Where did all of that go?" His hard exterior melted away upon hearing those words. Immediately, his first reaction was to hold her as he rubbed her back.

"I'm right here. I never left." He softly said to her. "I'm still the same man you fell in love with. I promise." He said, rocking her back and forth. Eventually, they ended up laying in bed together as he held her close. Running his fingers through her hair, he hummed a tune to try and lull her to sleep, but instead was the first to close his eyes.

After a while of laying there, she got up, which woke him up. "Where are you going?"

"The bathroom." She replied and he nodded, going back to sleep.

In the bathroom, she took a long-winded gaze at herself.

What am I doing here? Why am I still here? Do I even want this to work? Is it worth it?

Looking down at her stomach, she began to get teary-eyed as she thought of the inevitable.

One of us has to go..

~

The next day, while Lee was at work, Li made an emergency doctor's appointment to see just how far along she was. Her hope was that it could possibly help her to weigh out her options and eventually lead her to the right decision for herself. She found out that she was about a month along and that if she wanted a termination, she had two months to do so. Biting her lip, she felt the pressure weigh in on her head.

Two months is enough time to decide.. We'll be back in my hometown by then.. Sighing to herself, she couldn't help but question her relationship with Lee more than she was questioning their newest situation at hand.

Once back at the hotel, she nodded to herself, solidifying her decision.

"One of us has to go, right?" She said into the mirror with a hand on her stomach.

The scene fades into when Li Qi Hee is sitting on the bed when Lee arrives. His eyes immediately go to her in confusion.

"Why do you look like that?" She didn't answer him. "Why do you look so distressed?" Taking in a deep breath, she avoided the gaze of the man now crouched down in front of her holding her by the hands. Squeezing her eyes shut, she finally spoke.

"Lee.. I Love You so very much. You know that, right?"

"Yes. And you know that I love you too." He replied, concerned.

"And since you love me, you have to know that lately I've been in a lot of pain because of the things you've said to me."

"What?"

"You've said some really hurtful things to me and when you do explode like that, it makes me feel so insecure about us." He sighed, nodding to himself.

"I'm sorry, baby. I promise that I will do better and that I'll never do it again."

"Yeah.. I know you won't.." She mumbled to herself.

"Baby.." His sad eyes observing her distress, he sighed. "Alright. I've been in the wrong a lot. I know I should never have treated you the way that I have been no matter how stressed I am. But please understand when I say that it's not you I'm angry with." His eyes searched for hers.

"I can't tell when you're mad at me or not, Joon. Because no matter what, you always direct that anger towards me if I don't end up giving you what you want."

"I know, I know. I'm sorry. I will do better of how I treat you. Starting now." He pulled her face to look at him. "I love you." He sweetly said before going in for a kiss. Quickly realizing that the kiss wasn't being recieved well, he backed off and sighed to himself. "Did you finish packing for tomorrow?"

"Yeah. I did."

"Good. You should probably head to sleep right now since our flight leaves out at 3AM. I don't want you or the baby to be tired tomorrow." He said, placing his hand on her stomach. She nodded in response.

Laying down on her side, her back facing towards him, she felt his eyes staring into her back before hearing him get up and click off the light. Soon, she felt a dent in the bed as a pair of arms wrapped around her - one of his hands laying on her stomach.

"Li.. I know you're stressed and I know you're upset with me, but I promise you that if you just hold out for a little bit longer, you'll see me do better. I promise you. Both of you. I love you both so much. And despite this not being a good time to have a baby, I think that because it's with you, we can make this work." He smiled, rubbing her stomach. Kissing her cheek, he said again into her ear, "I love you so much." Before closing his eyes and going to sleep.