(Not) Fine

"It'll be our first kiss soon."

Looking up at the man that was still hovering over her, she locked eyes with him for a brief moment before softly agreeing with a "Yeah." and jetting off to her dressing room. Her heart was pounding.

It was hitting her harder than ever.

Slamming the door behind her, she slammed her body against the door as well with her hands covering her face.

"Fuck!" She shouted at herself. "What the hell is wrong with me?" She cried silently to herself. "What am I so afraid of? And why?" Suddenly, there was a knock at the door, causing her to straighten up.

"Suzy? Are you okay?" She quickly cleared her voice of any signs of having been crying before answering.

"I'm fine." She lied.

"Are you sure? You kinda took off and it made me a bit worried about you."

"Brain, I'm fine." She prayed that she hadn't sounded as though she were annoyed with him, but it was already too late.

On the other side of the door stood Brian. Heart wounded with a hairline fracture that hurt as if his heart were sitting underneath a boulder atop a sharp knife. Frowning to himself, he sighed, nodding before being ripped away from his thoughts by another voice.

"Hey Young K," He whirled around to see Larry approaching. "is Soo in there?"

"Uh, yeah." He just barely croaked out.

"Oh great. I need to speak with her."

"No, not yet!" He quickly said, blocking his way of the door. "She's having some.. personal issues and needs a few minutes. I'll let you know when she comes out. Okay?" He smiled to try and lighten the awkward air but it was obvious that he had only made things worse.

"Did you do something to her?" Larry said, furrowing his eyebrows.

"What? No. She just needs some time, I promise."

"Hm.. Alright. I just came to let her know that the break will be over in thirty minutes."

"Okay. I'll tell her." K nodded with a smile.

Larry eyed him before walking away and saying to himself, "What a weird kid."

After Larry had disappeared, Brian turned towards Suzy's trailer again. "Hey Sue," he started. "Larry just came by to tell us that Director Lee wants us back in thirty minutes. Okay?"

"Okay." He could hear the sadness in her voice and could tell that she had just been crying which pained him even more. He contemplated on leaving her there or if he should just stay silently and wait for her to come out until he was suddenly called over to speak with someone. Hesitantly, he tore his attention away from the trailer for a split second, seeing that the person was motioning him to come over before returning his gaze back toward the trailer and reluctantly walking away from it.

A few minutes passed when Suzy realized that she only had five more minutes before they'd start shooting the next scene. With a sigh, she buried her face in her knees, took a deep breath and stood up. Stumbling back a little, she realized she had cried herself into a headache. "Fuck.. great. Just fucking great." She growled at herself. "You're such a sensitive hoe. Why are you so sensitive? Suck it up!" She took another breath before nodding and walking over to the trailer door. Standing there in front of it for a brief moment, she allowed herself to clear her mind and slap on a fake smile before opening the door and making her entrance.

His eyes landed on her as soon as she had come out and he couldn't help but wonder if she was truly fine - because to him, the aura she gave told him that she was not. Excusing himself from the conversation that he was currently in, he immediately walked over to Sook Soo and reached a hand out toward her when she suddenly turned around.

"Hey, Sue. Are you okay now?"

"Yeah. Nothing's wrong, why?" She replied with a confused expression.

"You just gave me the impression that you were really sad earlier." Covering up the worried glances she took about them to ensure their location was secure with a smile and happy eyes, she shook her head at Brian.

"I don't know what you're talking about, but thanks for caring, Brian." She said, tapping his hand twice before heading for the set.

"Suzy, wait-"

"Places everyone!" Director Spike Lee called out before the bell rang signaling the time.

With a sigh, Brian walked over to the set and got in place for the next scene - his worried eyes never leaving Soo's false expression.