Sealed With Cement

He stood up, not bothering to look back at her before asking a simple question. "Are you sober?"

Wha-?"

"Are you sober?"

"I guess so."

"Sober enough to drive?"

"Yeah, I guess." With that, he walked over to the door and opened it.

"Please go. And drive home safely." He said, avoiding her eyes.

"Wow." She smiled to herself, nodding before getting up. "Right." She mumbled as she gathered all her stuff. She was about to step outside when he grabbed her by the hood of the sweatshirt she was wearing. "What the hell, Brian?" She exclaimed before looking down at herself. "Oh great. You want this back too?"

"No, I-."

"Here." She said, dropping her stuff on the floor and taking off the things that belonged to him. It was fine since she still had her outfit on from last night.

"Sue, stop. That's not what I wanted." She looked him dead in the eyes with burning rage. "I'm not about to let you walk out of here with bare feet." She scoffed.

"Like you care that much." She took her first step outside when he pulled her back inside.

"Put your damn shoes on. You're not about to be sick at home when we have a shoot to finish." He said sternly.

"Well, you're not my damn boss. So get the fuck out of my fa-!" She was silenced by his lips which threw her every which way but where she wanted to go. She felt her rage melting the longer he kissed her and it really made her feel confused. When he pulled away, she could hear him breathing a little hard, as he could hear her breathing just as hard also. After a second, she calmly, yet still annoyed, said, "I thought you just said you wouldn't do stuff like this again?"

"I did.. but.. this is the last time." He slowly backed away from her before taking a good look at her and walking away to sit on the couch - purposely ignoring her as he heard the door close when she left.

~

The next day came as she kept hoping that he would just appear as he usually would with his bright and lovely smile like he always did. She hoped all morning that he would just come up to her like he usually would and swing his arm around her or hold her hand or something flirtatious like he usually would. She hoped that, as she drove there, everything would just be as it had always been - normal.

Her definition of normal.

As she walked into the studio, she awakened to a bitter surprise as she set eyes on him, and he on her, but his smile didn't sparkle like it usually would for her. Instead, he dimly sat there in his chair with a small smile as he waved one time. The hairline fracture in her heart had begun to form as she began to wish even harder for things to go back to how they used to be.

In her trailer, her makeup team took notice of how unlively she was and criticized her for the dark circles beneath her eyes and dry skin. Sue just sat there with a small smile and nothing more to say in rebuttal besides, "I'm sorry. I'll do better next time."

On set, she approached the familiar figure, though hesitant to interact with him, so she just stood there behind him until he spoke up.

"How are you doing?" Her somber eyes were concealed behind the pounds of makeup that they had put on her as she look at him. The way he was looking at her seemed so blank that she hardly recognized if he even was her best friend. She soon moved her gaze away to look down at her freshly manicured hands.

"I'm fine, I guess. You?" She didn't bother looking up at him until the silence between them became too obviously awkward and eerie. Immediately, her eyes saw his face that was blank and pained at the exact same time - and only she could read his expression. He had no intent on answering, she could see that, but she couldn't help but to still feel like he was being cut off from a moment of what he could've possibly said because of the bell that told them that it was now time to film.