Take A Break

Suddenly, just as the cameras began rolling, Spike Lee yelled, "Cut!" Confused, Sook Soo Young looked over at the director in search of answers. This was her scene to be shot by herself. What could possibly be wrong?

"Mr. K is not feeling too well, so after we shoot Ms. Young's scene, we'll call it today."

Suzy, now even more confused, showed signs of concern as she scanned the room frantically in her mind for Brian - who was nowhere to be found. 'Where could he be?' She thought to herself.

"Mr. K has already gone home for the day, so we'll have to finish up what we can for today. Alright? Let's keep it movin'." The worried look said it all on her face, which she quickly snapped out of it at the sound of the bell.

It was her scene.

~

After the shoot was over with, Suzy grabbed her things and made a quick dash for her car but was briefly stopped by Larry.

"Hey Soo, are you doing okay today?"

"Yeah, why?" She scoffed playfully, yet with a confused expression.

"I saw Young K looming around your trailer and it made me suspicious if he had done something to you or not."

"Oh no, It's not his fault."

"What's not his fault?" His inquisitive eyes stared into her face hard. She could tell that he was ready to have a few choice words for Brian if need be.

"I-.." She quickly scanned her mind for a lie. "It was that time of the month. You know how I get when it's that time, right?"

"Oh, I see." Larry said, his expression softening, yet still concerned. "He just seemed to be really concerned and set on not having anyone bother you." She shrugged.

"I mean, what are friends for, am I right?" She smiled. "Is that all?" He hesitated before letting her go.

"Yeah."

"Alrighty then. Have a nice day. I'll see you next week."

Walking to her car, her smile slowly dropped with each and every step, as it wasn't too far. She couldn't stop worrying about Brian. She could only hope that he was okay as she drove back to her house.

Upon arrival, she noticed a familiar car in her driveway. Pulling into her garage, she sat there a moment in confusion before getting out. And there the car still sat when she had turned around. She walked toward the car, seeing no one in the vehicle as she got closer. She quickly turned around to inspect the house, seeing no one on the front porch. Walking around, she saw that there was no one in the back either but took note of the lights that were on in the house.

Observing a bit longer before resolving to call the police, she noticed a person walking around her island with a grey pot. His frame belonged to Brian. Confused, she walked into the house with a thunderstorm of questions. Upon entering, her nose caught a whiff of the wonderful food that he had been making and followed the scent. As soon as he saw her, he motioned her her to sit before her inquisitive eyes could ask him those burning questions.

Sitting down, she began asking, "Brian how-?"

"Your spare house keys." He said, dangling them on his index finger.
"You always leave them in the same place." He chuckled to himself before tossing them over to her. "I told you to change your hiding spot for them a long time ago."

"Wait.. But why-?"

"I saw how stressed out you were and I decided to give you the day off. You don't get to relax too often. So just enjoy today." He said, handing her a bowl of his famous Spicy Egg Drop Soup to hold her over until the rest of the food was finished. "The rest will be done in a few minutes, so just be patient." He said before going back into the kitchen for a few more minutes.

When he came back out, her finished bowl of Egg Drop soup was replaced by a bowl of Jjajangmyeon and other favorites or hers. She opened her mouth to speak, but Brian shushed her. "Eat." Staring at him for a moment in surprise, he smiled at her before disappearing again into the kitchen before coming right back out two seconds later grabbing his coat off of the couch.

"Wait, where are you going?"

"Somewhere." He shrugged, putting on his shoes.

"Why? You just made all this food."

"For you." He nodded. "Now eat, relax and call me if you need anything, okay?" She felt her heart sag, and the fact that her mouth was full of food made her seem adorable to him, but he was too pained to laugh because he had seen that she was on the verge of tears.

Quickly tearing her gaze away, she began to stuff herself with food, turning away from Brian to cover up her sadness as her mind began spewing, 'This is all your fault. Brian doesn't even want to be around you now. Why don't you just talk? Maybe then he'll listen. But then again, you might be too late, so what's the point now?' With a sigh, she swallowed her last bite before tossing the bowl in the sink and going upstairs to her room without another word. Her tears falling as soon as she closed her door.

What do I even want? Do I even know what I want? Why am I crying so much lately? Ugh.. Why am I such a weak bitch? Why can't I just keep it together sometimes? Sighing, she tried to stop crying. Eventually, when she had, she laid there with her mind void of thought, yet still confused about everything before falling asleep.

Brian..

Thank you..