Scene IIX: Nightfall

The camera fades from a close up on Li Qi Hee's worrisome face to a scene where she and Lee Joon Kwang are walking alongside each other as the day slowly turns into night fall.

The audience watches as they laugh together and their laughter is soon heard.

He soon stops laughing as he gazes at her, not caring if she sees. She soon did and became a little self conscious. "Why are you staring at me like that?" She asked, avoiding eye contact with him. And after a brief moment of silence, she finally looked back up at him.

"You look so beautiful when you smile.." He seemed to whisper the words in her ear with the most loving-care tone. It was very evident that hearing him say this had worried her, but in the back of her mind, she heard his sincerity and liked it.

Not knowing what to say, they just stared into each other's eyes. The moments passing by felt like hours to them and soon, taking note of her discomfort, he grabbed her hand when she looked away, snatching her attention back to him. "Let me take you to one of my favorite spots. It's just around the corner." And with a small smile and a nod, they went. Her hand still in his.

The feeling of the cool night air seemed to be a silent blessing put upon them because from this moment on, although she often questioned it, everything felt right.

She felt as though she could melt down her walls and still be alright. Knowing that she wouldn't melt them down on purpose for anyone, she subconsciously questioned if this should be an exception.

"Lee-.. Um.. Mr. Kwang-"

"Lee is just fine." He smiled as she nodded in response.

"Why do you like me so much? I mean, how can you allow yourself to take to me so quickly? Like, I don't understand how you could trust me, a total stranger, so quickly.." Letting out a small chuckle, he cast his gaze to the side where the day was saying its last goodbyes.

"For your sake, I won't tell you right now. But I will say this; I took you out here to be on this boat and view the city with me because honestly, I don't know if or when I'll ever be able to get the chance to do this with you again. Let alone have this much free time. So let's not think about rationality right now. Just know that whatever I say to you, I say in confidence; And most importantly, I don't plan on hurting you in any way shape or form." His face was just as sincere as his words had been which gave ease to her mind to further trust him.

"What about me?"

"Hm?"

"You don't know if I plan to hurt you or not. So how can you trust me?" With a small grin, he wrapped his hand gently about hers.

"I just do. If you hurt me, then that's my fault. But if you don't, then it's a reward." She couldn't help but to be curious.

"How can you be so easy going and trusting like this? Aren't you afraid?"

"Why should I be? I've spent my whole life living in fear and you know what I've learned? That the best things in life that come about live outside of fear. My career was a leap I'll never regret. As well as leaving my father.." He sucked in his lips and bit them as he looked downward. This moment of vulnerability - though it had only lasted but a second, brought her the reassurance that she needed in order to feel safe. His transparency was her proof that he was real.

Willing to take chances

Willing to get hurt

And yet, this vulnerability made him seem desirable to her as she wanted to be just like him.

In that moment, his phone rang. As soon as he declined it, it rang again. "Ah, I'm sorry. I gotta take this." He sighed, slightly annoyed. "What?"

"Where are you, Joon?" Jun's angry voice said on the other line.

"Same place as you are. Enjoying my day off."

"Day off?! Are you crazy? We were supposed to hold a rehearsal today!" Lee just shrugged. His silence told Jun of his true feelings. "You know what, Joon. I can put up with your foolishness and stupidity when it only affects you, but what I cannot do is let you continue on doing stupid things when it effects the band. If you have any value in what we've all been working so hard for, then I suggest you get back here right now." And with that, Jun hung up, leaving Lee Joon on the other line to sigh.

"Is everything alright?" She asked,  genuinely concerned as she watched him in his brief moment of stress. Looking up at her, he soon sat back with a smile.

"Yeah. Everything's alright." He didn't want to make her mind work any faster than it already did by letting her know that their time together had to be cut somewhat shorter than he had planned. After the boat docked, he took his sweet old time walking her back to her car. Laughing and smiling, it wasn't bittersweet for him until the very end when she sat in the driver's seat of her car.

"Thank you for coming to spend time with me today. And more importantly, trusting me."

"I guess I could say the same, but in reverse. Thanks for inviting me out." She smiled, therefore causing him to smile back. Closing the door for her, he reached in through the window to grab her hand as he looked her in the eyes with a serious expression.

"Hey. Don't come out here tomorrow. I'll come to you. So stay at work no matter how late it gets. Okay?" She chuckled.

"I have a life, you know. To do my job and get paid, I have to sleep."

"I promise I won't come too late. And if I do, I'll just have to suffer the consequences." She hummed in response with a grin as she focused her eyes on the road ahead. "Goodnight Li." He remarked softly.

"Goodnight Lee." She nodded back and started her engine.

"Drive safe!" He shouted after her as she drove away, waving in the distance as she got farther and farther away.

When her car was out of sight, he slowly put his hand down and his smile slowly drooped into a frown. Though he wasn't upset for the reasons that one might think.

With his smile gone with the dust that followed her car, he slowly turned away to head back to the place where the other band members awaited him. Jun's eyes and aura did all the talking that was needed. It was obvious to everyone that he was angry, so no one dared to ask him why he had been so upset.