노력해불게요

"Okay."

"That means I want you to be just as honest with me as I am with you no matter what. Okay?" She nodded.

"Okay."

"Good." He didn't hesitate to pull her into a hug. "I Love You. Okay?"

"I know." She bitterly smiled into his shoulder. The hug soon turned into them just laying in silence of each other, holding hands for a while before Brian spoke up.

"Please don't run away from me when I say this." His pleading eyes looking into hers; she understood the deep pain that took hold of him and nodded. "I feel like you've never been so far away from me. Even when you're near me, you seem to be so far away and everything that's happened from the point that you started to shut me out has built some sort of wall that I've been desperately wanting to tear down for years. It makes me feel like I have the title of a best friend, but I don't fill that role in your life. So why are you always running from me?" He saw that she having a huge issue swallowing the pill her gave her and decided to crush it up for her into smaller pieces.

"I-.. I don't know.."

"Let me rephrase that. I've always had strong feelings for you ever since we were little. Why then did you run from them and why do you continue run from your own now?" She felt like a fish out of water. She wasn't used to this much air being thrown into her face. She felt as though it were only a matter of time before her body would shrivel up and die due to lack of water. But maybe that was the problem.. Prehaps, for her, there had been too much water which kept her from what she really needed. And even if that had been true, she still had not the slightest clue of where to start.

"Wh.. I.." She stopped fizzing when she felt his hand grab on even tighter to hers. Looking into his eyes, she saw his sincerity. They, before this moment, had never been more naked than they were now.

"Please. Just trust me."

"I.. have feelings.. for you.." She started, looking away from him in embarrassment. "I've always felt a certain way about you, but when we started this movie and we started doing those scenes, things began to change. I went from thinking that you were my best friend to thinking that what I was feeling could end everything that we've ever had." She bit her lip as he began to rub her hand with his thumb to sooth her. "And I didn't want it to change. I didn't want anything to change because I know how I am in relationships. I know that I'm usually always the one to mess things up and stuff, so I just.. tried to suppress it. I told myself that it was just a movie. I tried so hard to believe that it was just happening because of the movie, but everything at this point just feels so.. real.. and I'm scared." She began to bite her thumb to avoid crying. "I really don't want to mess things up with you. Ever." He sat quietly for a moment before nodding.

"For your sake, I won't respond to that right now. I'll just tell you my side." Looking down at her hand that was in his for a second, he started the story. "Do you remember when we were little and you'd always make fun of me because of my glasses or because of my high voice?" She cracked a smile, nodding.

"Yes."

"And how we used to play with each other after school almost everyday?"

"Yeah." She chuckled.

"Back then, you were so beautiful to me. I wanted nothing more than two things back then: To make my parents happy and to be by your side as much as possible. I loved everything about you then because I admired how you were never afraid to be yourself around me or anyone else. I loved hearing your laugh and seeing you smile. And it is also because of you that I am grateful that I found my passion in the arts. It meant the world to me when you would come support me. Sit in at concerts, listen to my songs and bought me my first guitar for my eighteenth birthday. Your heart is always what I've always loved most about you, which it why now, it hurts so much to see you like this. I don't like seeing you float around as this big fake that I don't recognize. I don't like that you hide your feelings from me. I don't like that you feel the need to be cautious around everyone, including me, and I wish you would just be the bold and bodacious girl I fell in love with all those year ago. But even if you never changed from who you are right now, I'd still be in love with your heart because that's the one thing that's never changed about you. Otherwise, I don't think you'd be here right now." They chuckled.

"True." She mumbled.

"I just want what's best for you. And, not to say that I am but, I really would like to just start over with you. No. Not even start over. Strengthen. Yeah, strengthen everything between us. For me, that means a relationship in which I'm not the only one gifting my heart to you. Ideally, I would like it if you did the same. There are plenty of steps we could take, but I don't want to make you feel as though you can't trust me. So for now, just be honest with me. It's your call." Taking in a deep breath, she nodding.

"I promise I'll try." With a small smile, he lifted her hand to his lips and sweetly kissed it.

"That's all I could ever ask for."