Quality Time

"Cut! That's a wrap! Thank you everyone for coming out today. See you tomorrow." Spike Lee said to the studio. The bell rung and everyone went their separate ways, except for Brian.

"Hey!" He shouted as he sprinted to catch up with Suzy. "Hey Suzy!" She turned around just as she was about to let the trailer door close. "Wanna hang out later?"
"Oh, I-.." She stopped herself.

'What am I doing? I have nothing to do, so I should just hang out with him!' She looked up at Brian smiled. "Sure." His bright smile congratulated her on making the right choice. She was happy to see her friend smile, and this hang out was long overdue.

"Great." He said before sprinting toward his trailer to get done as quickly as possible and she did the same. After Suzy was all cleaned up, she slipped back into her regular clothes and headed out. As soon as she opened the door, she jumped.
"Did I scare you?" Said a smiling Brian with his fist still in the air prepared to knock.
"The question is, did I scare you?" He chuckled before shaking his head and giving her his hand. She took it and they walked off set together towards their cars. As soon as she got in and started the engine, she rolled down her window, leaning out ever so slightly to catch Brian's attention. Rolling down his window, he looked over at her. "So where are we going?" He just grinned.
"Just follow me."

She smiled at his secrecy. He was never one to disappoint, so she knew it had to be good. A few minutes later, they had arrived at "8161 Hollywood Boulevard, Los Angeles, California.. Why does that sound so familiar..?" She mumbled to herself. As soon as she stepped out of the car, though, she had her answer. "Brian, where are w-?" She stopped mid-sentence and gasped as she read the sign.

1923 - JOHN STORER HOUSE

"OH MY GOSH, BRIAN! BRIAN! DID YOU REALLY JUST BRING ME TO A HOUSE THAT FRANK LLOYD WRIGHT DESIGNED?" He couldn't stop laughing as she kept pulling on his jacket in excitement.
"Not only that, I booked a tour." She immediately screeched in excitement.
"OH MY GOSH, BRIAN! I LOVE YOU!"
"Calm down Suzy! I love you too." He chuckled as she squeezed him in a tight hug before practically racing about the place. All he could do was laugh at how adorable his friend was being. And when he finally caught up with her, he voiced his opinion. "Soo, wait a minute. The entrance is over here." He said, grabbing her hand to ensure that she wouldn't bolt like the previous few seconds. With the press of a button, they waited for someone to answer the door. While they waited, he turned his head towards her with a warm smile saying, "You're just so adorable when you're excited." His voice seemed to be softer than it usually would be and his eyes seemed to dance.

She soon had no time to respond even if she had figured out what she'd want to say because the door opened right then.

"Good afternoon. Are you here for the tour?"
"Yes sir, we are."
"Name please?"
"Kang."
"Thank you. Please come inside. Your tour will start momentarily."
"Thank you."

As soon as they sat down, Suzy lost it. "Oh my gosh, Brian! I can't believe you've done this! I can't believe that I- I am actually here!" She squealed in delight as he just stood there smiling at his best friend. He loved seeing her this happy and he loved being around her when she was like this. It was purest thing in the world that he knew it would never get to see.

Soon, the tour had started and ended before they knew it. Suzy was ecstatic the entire time, yet slightly bummed when it was time to go. "Come on Soo, let's go." Brian teased. With a sigh, she took one last look of longing before getting inside the car. She sat there a moment in silence, processing everything had just happened before having a smile crawl up her face again. Glancing over at the bush the covered the house where she had parked, she started the car and then went out for lunch.

At the food court, she couldn't stop smiling and Brian couldn't be happier. "I'm so glad that we finally got the chance to hang out today. It seems to be pretty difficult to hang out with you - on account of our schedules being pretty packed and trashy." He playfully rolled his eyes as she chuckled in response.
"Yeah.. It's pretty nice to see you after all these years.. I can hardly even believe it's been that long.."
"Yeah.. But you know something?"
"What?"
"Since the last time I saw you, you haven't changed a bit." She furrow her eyebrows.
"Is that a bad thing?"
"No, not at all." He chuckled, shaking his head before softening his glance as he stared at her. "Your personality is just as lifelike as it was when we were kids. I missed that.. Especially considering the fact that, in our field, too many people tend to get caught up in how they should act when on camera and forget how to be themselves when off camera. But you.. You've never lost that, have you?" It was a rhetorical question, but she felt a bit uneasy. She felt like a liar and the friend she was seeing now, before her, was the one unknowingly accusing her of being the very thing that he often sees.

Clearing her throat, she cast her gaze onto her food, just staring at it for a while before she piped up an answer. "I, admittedly, am like the rest of them. I have a public face and a private face. I even have a face that only certain people see because in our field, women have a higher chance of being taken advantage of and you just can't be yourself around everybody. So it gets to be a little tricky, if you look at it that way." She lifted her sandwich to her lips before grinning. "But on a lighter note, you've most definitely changed a lot."
"Howso?" He challenged with a playfully seductive grin.
"Well, for starters, you're not the timid Brian I used to know. You don't wear those dinky glasses that were too big for your small head and you.." She lowered her voice as she leaned in towards him. "You're a little more sexual." She leaned back, laughing as Brian sat there holding back a grin with his arms crossed. His gaze to the side, he slowly returned his gaze to her.

"So, essentially what you're saying is that I've gotten sexier, right?" Giggling, she bit her straw.
"No." She rolled her eyes, obviously lying.
"Oh come on.."
"Okay, okay.. But on a real note, yes. Brian, not that you were ugly before, but good God, any girl could get lost in your eyes." She instantly wanted to eat her words and take them back. She could feel herself turning red and quickly tried to add a buffer as she chewed on her straw. "I-I mean, it doesn't even necessarily have to be your eyes either. You're just.. a genuinely nice person and anyone would fall for that." She wouldn't look up at him. She refused to. She had felt that she had lost this battle, and that if he wanted to, he could've won.

"Hm. Thank you. But I wouldn't say you've changed at all. You've always been just as beautiful as you are now." She couldn't resist. She had to look up and instantly regretted it as she began to get lost in his eyes.