Part 15

**August 16, 2020**

I'm already in Washington. Jeff gave me a little time off, mainly because the marks Harry left on me were difficult to cover up. And also because I'm banned from entering Texas, where he had his last few shows.. It's a long story from when I was in college; I don't tell it anymore.

Harry is supposedly not getting here until tomorrow, which gives me another day off. He's managed to stay out of the limelight, which has made my job very easy.

**August 18th, 2020**

I'm currently sitting in my seat, reading a book while he does his show. My ear-piece suddenly cut on as Jeff sent me a signal. I pressed it, hearing his voice. "Brynn. Are you there?" He asked. "Uh huh." I said, still reading. "I need you to do me a favor." He commented. I looked up. Harry was still running around on stage, not in any clear danger.

When I didn't say anything, he continued. "Cameron usually guards Harry's room at the hotel, but he has to fly out for a family emergency. So, I'd like you to do it." He said. "Why couldn't you text me this? Also, no. That's not my job. One of the other guys can do it." I said, some of the girls looking over at me. I was in the middle of one of the side sections, not very visible.

"Brynn, all of this is your job. You essentially just have to stand outside Harry's room for, well, all night." He stated. I scoffed. "No. Jeff, he's not even supposed to know I exist. And now that he does, you just keep using me for your extra security." I commented, annoyed. "Listen, it isn't an option. If you want to lose your job, that's fine." He threatened.

I hesitated. "Fine. But he better stay in there and leave me alone. I'm tired of him trying to talk to me." I stated, tapping my earpiece, and continuing with my book.

The girls around me were too focused on Harry to notice anything I'd said..

****

After the show, I changed into a sweatshirt and ripped jeans. I'm currently sitting outside Harry's hotel room. I have a chair, thankfully. I've been here about five minutes, and am already bored and tired. I'd brought a small overnight bag, which is inside his room..

The door opened behind me and I sighed. He walked out, leaning against the doorframe, looking at me. "You'd probably be more comfortable inside." He commented, glancing down the hallway.

"Nope." I stated. "I'd feel a whole lot safer. And that's the whole point of having someone guard my room." He said. I rolled my eyes, not responding. I didn't want to be here, and was annoyed at not only Harry, but at Jeff as well.

After another minute of me ignoring him, he went back into the room. "Oh my god. Brynn!" He exclaimed and I jumped out of my seat, quickly stepping into the room.

I relaxed, and glared at him. He was leaning against the wall, looking at me, completely fine. "I really hate you." I said, turning to leave. He quickly moved between me and the door, shutting it and blocking my path. "Move." I stated, and he shook his head.

"We need to talk." He commented. I rolled my eyes, grabbing his wrist and twisting it to near-breaking point. "Ow!" He shouted, trying to pull it free. "Move. Now." I demanded, releasing him. He stepped out of the way, and I walked back into the hall..

He followed me, still holding his wrist. "That really hurt, why would you do that?!" He exclaimed, standing in front of me. I glared at him. "I'm done talking to you. That's not part of my job." I stated, trying to sit back down. He grabbed my elbow, holding me up. "And hurting me is? You're supposed to keep me out of harms way, not be causing it." He commented.

"I wouldn't injure you if you weren't so damn irritating all the time. I'm sick of you trying to talk to me like we're friends. We aren't. I don't want to know anything about you. I don't want to talk to you or have meaningful conversations. When are you going to get that?" I questioned, looking at him.

"Why not? How the hell am I supposed to understand why you won't have a conversation with me, when you won't talk to me?" He asked.

"Why do you need to know everything? Why can't you just accept the fact that not everyone likes you?" I replied, pulling my arm free of his grip. "Well, I have a right to know who's working for me. I don't like secretive people, and won't have one working for me." He stated.

"I've been working for you, for almost two years. And yet, you didn't know who I was until recently. So don't give me that crap about knowing who works for you." I said. "Two years?" He asked. I nodded. He seemed to be lost in that statement.

"So then why did we just now meet?" He asked. I glanced down the hall, then looked back to him. "Because you weren't supposed to know about me. Jeff made it very clear that I wasn't to come in contact with you." I answered. "Jeff said that? So why is he trying to make you the head of my security? That doesn't make any sense." He commented.

I sent him a confused look. "Wait what? Head of your security? Where'd you hear that?" I asked. He bit his lip, and I realized he wasn't supposed to tell me that. I groaned, running a hand through my hair. "Great. That's just perfect." I said sarcastically, feeling his eyes on me.

"You don't want that job? It's a huge promotion; how could you turn it down?" He questioned. I looked at him. "That's not a job I want. I didn't spend a majority of my life studying computer science, just to become some guy's security guard." I replied. "So it's not because you totally hate me?" He asked. "No. Although, I do hate you." I said. He rolled his eyes. "We're coming back to that in a minute.. But.. You'd really turn it down if he offered you the job?" He asked.

"Oh, absolutely. Without hesitation. If I'm not doing what I love, why would I do it?" I answered. "Right.. And, you like this computer stuff. The hacking and whatnot." He said. I nodded, realizing he was trying to make conversation again.

"So then.." He trailed off, thinking about it. "I guess that makes sense. So, let's get back to the main question. Why do you hate me so much?" He asked, taking a step towards me. I rolled my eyes..

"You can tell me."