Part 84

**

I showered, changing into a pair of lounge shorts and a black cami. After doing my skincare routine pretty quickly, I shoved a hand through my hair, brushing my teeth and walking back out into the living room when I was finished..

Harry was knocked out in my bed. I sighed, going into the kitchen and shutting off that light.. I hesitated, about to sleep on the couch. But I knew how uncomfortable that would be, and ended up going and getting in my bed.

The second I turned off the lamp, he rolled over to face me. "Don't touch me." I said, moving over to the edge of the bed, and shoving an extra pillow between us.....

***
•• The next morning, May 19, 2021 ••

I woke up to knocking on the front door, and groaned. I felt someone's arms wrapped around me, and glanced over my shoulder, remembering that Harry was here. Of course; he never fucking listens to me. He'd thrown the pillow on the floor, and was holding me against him, avoiding touching any of my new injuries..

The knocking persisted, and I sighed, tapping his arm. "I need to get up." I said, not getting a response, due to him being a heavy sleeper. I managed to pry his arms off of me and slid out from under the sheets. He let out a groan, and rolled onto his other side, pulling the sheets over his head..

I quickly went into the bathroom, brushing my teeth and fixing my hair into a messy ponytail. It took me another minute to find a sweatshirt, which I then put on..

I walked back out of my room, going over and pulling the door open without looking. "Oh good, just the person I wanted to see. May I come in?" He asked. "Um. No?" I said, as if it were obvious. It was the reporter who'd talked to me at the café in France. I have no idea how he even got my address.

"Ok, well I needed to ask you a few things." He commented. I sent him an annoyed look. "Yeah, ok. Well I was sleeping, and don't want to answer any of your questions." I replied. He nodded. "I understand that. But, we're willing to pay you." He stated. I rolled my eyes. "I don't need your money." I said. "It'll only take a moment of your time." He stated.

"Then ask the damn questions. I'm not letting you in." I commented, crossing my arms over my chest. He nodded, pulling out a small notepad and quickly shuffling through the pages.

I glanced over to my right, seeing Harry's form still asleep under all the sheets. "Ok. First, I wanted to ask if you could speak on what happened in Paris? With the ambulances and the month-long hospital stays?" He asked. I laughed. "Seriously? You picked that one to start with? Are all the questions like that one? 'Cause if so, you should just leave." I stated.

"We just want to know what caused it." He said. I rolled my eyes. "Next question." I replied.. He sighed. "Ok, fine. How long have you and Harry been dating?" He asked. I looked at him for a few seconds. These questions were ridiculous, and completely wasting my time.

"We never dated." I commented. "So then how do you explain the multiple photos that were taken of the two of you kissing right outside this building?" He questioned. "Publicity stunt, obviously. Have you ever seen him openly show any relationships he's had to the public? No." I explained, pretty much completely lying. He nodded, writing something on his notepad.. I knew he was also recording our conversation. They always are...

"So.. The PDA in Mexico? And him spending over a month in Paris with you? The video of you going into his hotel room..." He continued to list off many of the things that had gone into the press since I'd known Harry..

"All part of it." I lied. "Right.." He trailed off, reading what was on his paper. "Who are you talking to?" I jumped, hearing Harry speak from behind me. He was off to the side, where the reporter couldn't see him.