Part 22

** October 5, 2020 ** 11:30AM

I'm currently down in the hotel lobby, eating the complementary breakfast they provide. Harry decided to invite himself, and sat down across from me at the table.

"When are you leaving for Brazil?" I asked when he didn't say anything. "Today." He replied, taking a bite of his food, not looking at me. "Ok. Well, is everything alright? You're like ten-times quieter then you usually are." I stated. He just nodded.

I finished eating, and he still hadn't said anything more. "Harry." I said. He glanced up at me. "What the hell is wrong with you?" I asked. "Nothing." He replied, going back to eating his food. "Ok, so then why are you acting like someone died?" I asked, annoyed. He sighed, putting his fork down, meeting my gaze.

"Tell me about yourself, and I'll tell you what's wrong with me." He commented. I laughed. "I don't care that much." I replied, leaning back in my chair. He shrugged, picking his fork back up, returning to his realm of silence..

After a few minutes of sitting there, I groaned, impatient. "Fine." I muttered. "I'm from Atlanta. Went to college there, and here I am now." I summarized, barely telling him anything. He looked up from his plate. "Atlanta.. Really?" He asked. "Yep." I replied. "You don't have an accent. You know, like a southern one." He stated. I shrugged. "I grew up in the city, not the suburbs." I said, and he nodded.

"Your turn." I commented. He laughed, looking up from his plate, meeting my gaze.. "I probably shouldn't say anything." He replied, glancing around at the tables near us. There was a small family sitting in a booth a few feet away, an elderly couple across the room, and a few people at the buffet. Other than that, there weren't too many people here..

"And why not? I told you something about me." I questioned. He took another bite of his food. "It's stupid." He replied simply. I laughed. "So say it anyway. I'm not judging you. You know that." I stated. He sighed, looking around again.

"Not here." He said, standing up. "Seriously?" I asked. He pushed his chair in. "Yes, let's go. Upstairs." He commented.

I sighed. "Fine." I muttered, getting up and following him to the plate-return station. Then we went upstairs. I pushed the door to my room open, and he followed me in, shutting it behind him. "So, what's this huge thing that's bothering you so much?" I asked, leaning against the desk and looking over at him.

"Right.. Well, again, I probably shouldn't even bring it up. It'll just make things complicated." He said. I rolled my eyes. "You're already making things complicated by wasting my time right now." I stated. He looked over at me. "Sorry. Just.. Spit it out. I don't have the patience to keep asking all day." I commented. He rubbed the back of his neck, walking over to me. He sat on the bed across from where I was standing.

He was still hesitating, making me confused as to what he felt like he couldn't tell me. "Harry, you're gonna have to tell me anyway. Might as well do it now." I said. He sighed, glancing up at me, before letting his eyes fall back down. "Okay. Well. I've come to realize that I have feelings for you." He said quietly.

"Uh huh.. And is this because I was wearing a bikini yesterday and you couldn't keep your hands to yourself?" I asked. He looked up at me. "No. I like you for more than just that." He commented. "Right.. Why is that?" I questioned, honestly confused.

He laughed. "I don't think I've ever had a girl question why I'm into her." He stated. "Harry, I've been nothing but a bitch to you. And, you've said it yourself, you don't know anything about me." I said. He shook his head. "I know. And that's why I didn't want to say anything. Because it seems premature. But, I suppose it's good that you know now." He said. "Right.. Okay. Well, I'm gonna go to the beach." I said, grabbing a different bikini from my bag and going into the bathroom..

This one was black. I changed, and put on some low-spf sunscreen. My sunscreen doesn't have that horrible smell to it like most do, which is nice. I have to buy a certain one since my skin is sensitive, especially over the scars.

I walked back out of the bathroom after pulling on a pair of jean shorts. Harry was still there. "I thought you were gonna leave." I commented, and he looked over at me. "No, I'm gonna come with you. I changed while you were in there." He said. I realized he had indeed put on a bathing suit.

"Shouldn't you be getting to Brazil?" I asked. He shrugged. "I'll leave tomorrow." He said. I sighed. "Did Jeff approve of it?" I questioned. "No. But, it's good for me to take a break." He replied. "You ready?" He asked. I sighed. "I guess so." I said, not really wanting him to come with me. I pulled on a bikini cover-up, and my bag, and we walked out of the room...

This would be a long day.