Part 25

** Two months later **

After Harry left for Brazil, I'd called Jeff, told him what had happened, and that I couldn't work for him anymore. Immediately, he told me I couldn't quit, and that he would give me a raise, and also make sure that I wouldn't have to interact with Harry anymore..

He did that, by telling Harry that I quit, for a better job. Which, I didn't. But he didn't want Harry obsessing over trying to follow me around. So, he told him I quit. I'm not sure how he took it. It's been good ever since though..

On that same day that I left Cozumel, photos had surfaced of Harry and I on the beach. A lot of them. Of us walking, of him touching my back, and my leg, and my stomach. They'd taken some of us lying right next to each other, sitting at the bar, etc.. It wasn't good. I'd managed to remove all the content from Instagram, which took longer than usual due to the extensive amount of photos.. After that, I was unable to remove a majority of the pictures from the other Internet sources due to the owner having copyrighted the photos, and then selling them to certain sources.. So, essentially, the pictures are still out there, and ended up getting the attention of many celebrity-news sites. Lots of articles and stories about it came out, all with the copyrighted images, which I can't take down...

Luckily, the pictures were all taken fairly far away, and my face is almost impossible to identify in them..

Since then, I've been living in New York. I have a semi-decent, small apartment in the city, and work from there. I've owned the apartment for years. It's actually where I went as soon as I got away from my parents. I occasionally come back here between new places.

I'm currently out in the city, on my way to a meeting Jeff told me to attend in his place. Supposedly he had some important thing he had to do today.

I'm not really dressed in the appropriate business attire that's required at most meetings. But, when I told him what I was wearing, he said it was fine. Apparently it's more of a "casual" meeting, rather then the typical New York, super-official meeting. So I went with a denim jacket over a t-shirt and black ripped jeans..

I got on the subway, leaning my back against one of the poles.. The cars on the trains are just as disgusting as depicted in the movies and stories.. But, you get used to it.

Once I got to the building, which was another two blocks from the station, I walked in, going up the elevator. The meeting was set on the 42nd floor, and was in a small conference room with maybe ten chairs. I was leaning against a wall, watching the people shuffle in and out of the room. It was indeed a very casual meeting. I watched as a few guys walked into the room, wearing jeans and t-shirts..

I checked the time. The meeting was about to start.. I stood, walking down the hall and into the room, my eyes immediately catching on the one person I was hoping never to run into. Harry.

"Brynn.. Hey." He commented, obviously not having been told I was going to be here. Which makes sense, considering Jeff told him I'd quit.

I ignored him, taking a seat on the other side of the table, directly across from him. It was the only spot left open.. "Alright, we can begin now. Ms. Matthews, did Jeffrey inform you of everything?" The man to my left asked.

I looked over at him, nodding. "He did. And, you can just call me Brynn." I replied...

The meeting went by really slow. It was super long, and they had to go over every detail of what Harry's plans were for the next year. He stared at me pretty much the entire time.. Finally, it ended. They all quickly left, and I was finishing the agenda. Harry stayed seated where he was, his eyes on me..

"What're you doing here?" He asked. I didn't even glance in his direction.. I finished the last page, and shut the book.. "Brynn." He said. I sighed, looking up at him. "You quit. Why are you here?" He asked.

"It doesn't matter. I should get going." I said, knowing I really did have work to do. I have a second job, since Harry's not very busy nowadays. It's a tech position at a huge firm in Manhattan. I usually work from home.

"Why are you here?" He asked, more firmly. "Jeff asked me to be here." I replied, standing up. "Why?" He questioned, following me when I walked out into the hallway. We got weird looks from a few people, and I was forced to take the elevator down with him..

"Brynn. Answer my questions. I'm only going to keep following you if you don't." He stated. I sighed, glancing over at him. "I never quit. Okay? That never happened. I still work for you. Well, for Jeff technically." I explained.

"What? Why.. Why would he lie to me?" He asked, his tone changing. "Harry.. I don't know. It was his idea to tell you I quit." I commented, stepping off the elevator. We walked out of the building and he continued to follow me.. "Could you not? Go back to wherever you're staying." I said, crossing the street.

"I don't get why he'd do that though. I mean.. He lied to me.." He commented, sounding truly upset about it. I started walking down the steps to the subway, and he hesitated, before following me...

He ended up following me all the way back to my apartment building. We stopped outside, and he looked up at it, then looked around. "Where are we?" He asked. "It doesn't matter. Because you're getting a cab, and going somewhere else." I stated. He shook his head. "No. I can't do that. Jeff wants me to meet him for lunch. I don't want to see him." He said. I rolled my eyes. "Then don't see him. Go to your hotel or something. I have stuff to do." I commented.

"Brynn. You don't get it. He lied to me. He's never done that. At least, not that I know of. But still.. If I go to my hotel, he'll just go there and try to talk to me." He explained.. I sighed, pulling him out of the way. We were standing in the middle of a fairly busy sidewalk..

"Then get a new hotel room." I said, getting impatient.. "Please, Brynn. Just.. Let me hang with you today. I'll try not to be annoying or whatever. Please." He begged. I looked around, seeing some girl with her phone, taking a picture of Harry. I groaned. "Come on." I commented, grabbing his wrist and pulling him up the stairs and into the complex...