Part 65

"But I don't want them. I want you." He commented, and I felt him grab my hand. I instantly pulled it out of his grasp. "You can't." I said, trying to move past him. He stepped in my way again. "Harry, I'm very capable of hurting you, but I don't want to. So, please just move." I stated. He shook his head. "Brynn, all I'm asking is for you to give me a chance." He said. I rolled my eyes..

"You can't have everything you want, Harry. That's not how the world works. I'm sorry that me telling you no is difficult for you, but you need to accept it and move on." I commented. He tried to grab my hand again, and I moved away from him.

"Please." He said quietly, nearly a whisper. "What do you want from me, Harry? I can't give you what you want, and I've told you that a million times. But you keep doing this, and it needs to stop. I don't understand what the hell you want from me." I questioned. "You. I want you." He replied.

"Well, again, you can't have me.. I know you think you want me, but you don't. I promise you that." I stated. "Then let me learn that for myself. Maybe you're right. But you telling me that doesn't help me. Give me a chance to learn that on my own." He replied. "Harry.. I know you think that me rejecting you now is painful, but it's nothing compared to where you'll end up if this happens. I hurt people. It's the only thing I'm capable of." I explained. He shook his head. "Give me a chance, Brynn. Please." He commented.

"You don't want it, Harry. I'm trying to tell you that you're only hurting yourself more." I said. "I don't care. That's my choice." He stated. I looked at him. "Why?" I asked. He sent me a confused look. "Why what?" He replied. "Why do you want me?" I questioned.

"Not this again.. Brynn, I told you. I feel something towards you. I haven't been able to stop thinking about you, and I hate that. But, all I want is to be around you. To be with you.. Please, just let me." He said. I ran a hand through my hair. "You're asking to get hurt." I stated. He nodded.

"Fine. You have a chance. It's minuscule, but you have it." I commented, moving past him and going out into the living room. Jeff was still sitting on the sofa. He glanced up at me.

I wasn't sure if he'd been able to hear that entire conversation; but I didn't really care..

I walked into my room, shutting the door behind me and lying in bed after taking my shoes off. I pulled the covers over me, and fell asleep after only a few minutes....

***

I woke up, quickly realizing that it was dark now. I'd slept longer than I thought I would, and looked over to the other side of the bed. Surprisingly, Harry wasn't there. But, I was glad he'd started respecting my boundaries a little more. I grabbed my phone, cutting it on and turning onto my other side. Daniel had called me four more times, and texted me a ton as well. I rolled my eyes, annoyed. What doesn't he understand about me not wanting to talk to him?

I blocked his number, deleting our messages from my phone....

*** A week later ***
•• May 10, 2021 ••

I'd packed up most of my apartment in the last few days.. Jeff is currently down at the café, and Harry's sitting on the couch, watching me. "You know you can't fly for another two weeks, right?" He asked. I glanced in his direction. "And? I'll do it anyway." I commented. "You can't, though. You have to wait six weeks after heart surgery." He said. I rolled my eyes. "Or what? Is my heart going to explode, just 'cause I'm not on the ground?" I asked sarcastically.

"Ok, well I'm not letting you get on a plane." He stated. "Right. Uh huh, ok." I mumbled, closing the box that I'd been packing.. "I'm serious." He said. "Yep, sounds good." I replied, grabbing some books off a shelf and putting them in one of the other boxes..

"Can you just stop packing for a minute? Come sit over here." He commented. "Why?" I asked, not stopping what I was doing.. "Because, you said you were giving me a chance, but you're making it impossible." He stated. "Not intentionally. This is just how I am. I told you that wasn't changing." I replied, grabbing the rest of the books from on the shelf, and putting them in the box..

"Brynn. Just come over here." He said. I glanced in his direction. "I'm in the middle of packing, Harry. Why the hell are you not out doing interviews, or writing music or something?" I asked.. "I have an interview this afternoon over FaceTime, and I've been writing this whole time. On my phone." He said.

I rolled my eyes. "Shouldn't you be more busy? How can you possibly afford to spend this much time here? And same with Jeff." I questioned. He shrugged. "I guess it's an off-season. Besides, he's pretty busy. He went down to the café to get some work done, since apparently we talk too much." He explained. "No, you talk too much." I stated. "Ok. Fair enough. Now, come sit down." He commented..

"How about this. If you make me a smoothie, using what I have in there, I'll sit down." I said. "A smoothie?" He asked. "Yes. There's frozen fruit in the freezer, and almond milk in the fridge. The blender is on the counter." I explained. He got up, going into the kitchen without asking anymore questions.

After a few minutes, he came out, handing me a glass. I looked down at it. Surprisingly, he'd done pretty well.. I sighed, setting down the candle I was holding, and taking a seat on the couch.

I started drinking the smoothie, forcing myself to listen to him when he started talking again.....