Part 17

**August 19th, 2020**

I woke up to my phone ringing, and groaned, grabbing it and answering it. "What?" I asked, still lying on my stomach.

"What the hell is this?" Jeff asked. I sighed. "What's what?" I asked, annoyed that he was calling me this early in the morning. "Brynn, I gave you a very specific job. And clearly you didn't do it." He stated.

"Okay, listen. You're going to need to elaborate on what you're saying. Because I don't know what you're talking about. I guarded the room, just like you asked." I commented. "Trying to sleep." Harry mumbled, and I rolled my eyes.

"I told you to stand outside Harry's room all night. There's videos all over the place, Brynn. Someone was recording you and Harry talking in the hallway, and they saw you go into his room with him. It doesn't look good, so explain to me exactly what's going on." He stated.

That woke me up, and I rolled over.  "They.. What? There wasn't anyone out there with us." I commented, sitting up. Harry groaned, pulling the pillow over his head.

"Well, obviously there was. Now, I'll ask you one more time. What the hell is going on here? Do I need to fire you?" He questioned, clearly very angry. "Just.. Give me a minute." I said, reaching off the bed and grabbing my bag. I pulled my computer out, turning it on and immediately going through the normal sources. Someone had been recording the whole thing, but couldn't hear our conversation. Which, made it look even worse than it was.

I sighed. "Ok. Um." I ran a hand through my hair, putting the phone on speaker and setting it down next to me. I started doing my hacking thing, going through all the sources, quickly and easily removing the content. "Brynn, explain. Now." He stated. Harry's head shot up, and I glanced in his direction. He looked around the room. I held up my phone, and he relaxed.

His eyes landed on my computer, and he moved closer. "Is that—" He stopped, looking at me. "Oh god." He muttered, running his hands through his hair, putting everything together. "Jeff, listen. Nothing happened. I made her break the rules; she didn't want to come in here." He said, taking the phone out of my hand.

I was still typing away, and Harry was now staring at me, watching the computer screen as the content was deleted from every Instagram page, and a warning message was issued to all the responsible accounts. There were a lot of them, but it wasn't difficult.

"I don't care who's idea it was. It's too late. It's all over the—" He stopped. "Brynn, did you just.." He trailed off, obviously seeing the immediate effects of my work. "I'm good at my job, Jeff." I said. "Okay, well... We're finishing this conversation later. Do what you need to do." He stated, hanging up..

Harry was watching me as I pinpointed all the Internet sources of the videos, and took them all down. Some were more complicated than others, but not impossible. I sent each source a warning about posting that type of private, unsolicited content on their pages.. After about twenty minutes, I erased all my history, like I usually do, and shut the computer, putting it back down in my bag.

I sighed, leaning against the headboard.. "Stop staring." I commented, looking over at him. "Sorry.. You just.. How did you do that?" He asked. I laughed. "That's my job." I replied.

"So, um.. We should continue our conversation from last night." He commented, lying on his side, facing me. He grabbed the pillow that was between us, throwing it off the bed. "No, we won't be doing that." I said. "So, why don't you like me?" He asked, shoving a hand through his hair, his eyes locked on me.

"This again? Really?" I questioned. "Yes. Just tell me." He stated. I rolled my eyes, looking at him. "It doesn't matter. Just.. Leave it alone." I said, getting off the bed, and going into the bathroom.. I decided showering would pass the time that he'd use to try to talk to me, and I also felt disgusting after sleeping in the same bed as him.. I turned on the shower, and stripped, getting in after brushing my teeth..

I washed my hair and everything, and got out.. I was standing in the bathroom, towel wrapped around me, brushing my hair, when the door opened. I'd forgotten to lock it. I sighed, looking over, pulling the brush through my hair. He was leaning against the doorframe, watching me. "What's wrong with you?" I asked. He laughed. "What?" He questioned. I set my hairbrush down. "You're staring at me. Do you not have any sense of privacy, or do you just like to barge in on people in the bathroom?"

"I wanted an answer to my question." He replied. "So.. You decided that the best way for that to happen, was for you to come in here while I'm half naked." I commented, grabbing my bag and starting my face routine of hyaluronic acid, moisturizer, then makeup and mascara. He was going on and on about how I work for him, and because of that, he deserves to know this.

I laughed, turning and facing him. "I'm sorry, you think you deserve something? Why? I mean honestly, I get that I work for you. But you don't deserve anything from me." I stated. He was still standing there, staring at me. "And I'll add this to my list of things I don't like about you." I commented, pushing past him and walking out into the room.

He followed me. "Please just tell me. I don't understand why you won't tell me." He said. I grabbed some clothes from the bag I'd brought with me, going into the bathroom and shutting the door. I made sure to lock it, and quickly got dressed. I was too lazy to go out and get another shirt, so I was forced to wear the cropped tee with my jeans. I ran a hand through my hair, briefly looking at my reflection, before walking back out of the bathroom. Harry was standing there, leaning against the wall.

His eyes fell to my stomach. "See, this is why I want to get to know you. How was I ever supposed to know that you have tattoos?" He questioned. I rolled my eyes, glancing down at my stomach. I have a fairly large intricate flower design on my left side, and the crop top shows it.

I walked across the room, grabbing my phone. "So how many do you have?" He asked, following me. "None of your business." I replied, texting Jeff, asking when I could leave..

I sent it, and Harry grabbed my phone, quickly moving away from me. "I can break your arm in four seconds; I recommend you give that back." I stated. "Not until you actually talk to me. Just tell me why you don't like me. Or how many tattoos you have. Or your favorite color. Something." He commented, watching me.

"When are you going to understand that I don't want to get to know you?" I questioned, annoyed. "Well, you aren't getting to know me. I'm getting to know you. So, tell me one thing. Let's start with that. Just one thing." He said. I gave him a look..

My phone vibrated, and Harry looked down at it. "What'd he say?" I asked. "He said you have to escort me to the airport, and then you're free. So, we have plenty of time to talk." He replied, shoving my phone in his pocket, and jumping back onto the bed. He patted the spot next to him. "Talk." He stated. I rolled my eyes.

I went and sat down on my side of the bed, pulling the covers back over me. "One thing?" I asked, glancing in his direction. He nodded.. I sighed, my brain conflicting on that. I think I'm just so accustomed to not talking about myself, that I never feel the need to anymore..

"Okay. Well my favorite color's green." I said, looking over at him. He was watching me. "And why is that?" He asked. I laughed. "Does it matter?" I asked. "Of course." He replied, clearly not giving up any time soon. "Ok. Fine. My birthstone is Emerald, which is why I liked the color as a kid. But now it's more nature-based. Hence the tattoo." I explained. He was turned on his side, facing me, listening to everything I was saying...

"So like, what type of nature? Like, trees and stuff?" He asked. He was extending this question as much as possible. I sent him an annoyed look. "Hey this is still just the one question, I'm just learning everything about your favorite color." He said. I sighed, looking away from him.

"Fine. It's all of it. The trees, the grass, the plants, flowers.. I dunno, I guess I've always loved it." I answered. "Uh huh.. And so, you got that tattoo. Was that your first one?" He questioned. "That's a completely different subject." I stated..

He laughed. "Oh come on, we were on a roll there. Just, at least tell me what it means. Does it have a meaning?" He asked. I rolled my eyes, looking over at him. The sun was coming through the curtains, making his eyes appear even more green..

"It doesn't have one." I said. "Is it your only one?" He asked. I sighed, leaning back against the pillows.

"Does it really matter?"