Part 95

The door to the bedroom was locked, and Ryan went right back to what he was doing, his hand sliding up my stomach while he kissed my collarbones..

The door was suddenly kicked in, making me jump. Ryan's hands came around my throat, and I coughed, struggling beneath him, realizing what he was doing. I saw someone grab him, and they had to pry his hands off of my neck. They were French police officers. I shut my eyes, coughing, trying not to get too overwhelmed by what was going on around me.

Ryan was screaming at them as they dragged him out of the room, and I felt someone's hand on my arm. I opened my eyes, trying to control my breathing..

It was Harry.. I sat up, pulling my knees up to my chest and resting my head against them. Too much was happening all at once and it was easily overwhelming me.

"Shh, it's ok. Brynn, please just tell me if you're okay or not." Harry said, sitting next to me on the bed. But he didn't touch me, which I appreciated more than he could ever know.

I shook my head, finally lifting it up to look over at him. "Did he hurt you?" He asked, and I jumped when someone spoke from in the doorway. They spoke in French, explaining that they needed me to come with them to file a report against Ryan. I quietly managed to translate it for Harry, who got up, pulling his hoodie off and placing it next to me for me to wear..

"Here." He said, walking over and grabbing my shorts from over by the door.. "Can you ask them if I'm allowed to go with you? If that's alright with you, of course." Harry questioned, tossing my shorts onto the bed. I instinctively flinched at the sudden movement, but pulled the shorts on. I grabbed the hoodie he'd taken off, and put that on as well, not knowing where Ryan had thrown my shirt..

The man was still standing in the doorway, so I asked him if it was alright if Harry came with me to the police station. He nodded, and I glanced back over at Harry. "He said it's ok." I said quietly, not able to actually look him in the eye.. He walked over, slowly sitting next to me on the bed. "I don't have to go if you don't want me to." He commented, and I shook my head. "It's fine." I replied, my brain telling me that I needed to pull it together.

Even if I had to pretend like I was alright for a few months.. I just knew I couldn't show this side of me anymore. It made me look weak, and I didn't want that.

I got off the bed, walking out of the room. I pulled the hood up on the sweatshirt, and heard Harry follow me and the French officers....

*** Two days later ***

June 30, 2021

"So.. Ok. Did he rape her, or not? I'm confused." Ella questioned. "I don't know. She had the love bites when I saw her on the street with him. And when I got there with the police, they had to break down the door and he was on top of her." Harry replied.

"But she won't talk to me. She just lays there and stares at the wall all day." He commented. "What did she say to the police?" I heard Andrew ask.

They were all standing in the hallway outside my room, talking about me like I wasn't here..

"I'm not sure. They wouldn't let me in the room." He replied. "Did he cut her again?" Andrew questioned. "I don't think so. But she won't let me touch her, so I can't be sure." Harry replied. "And the doctor said the baby was ok, right?" Ella asked.

Why did they feel the need to ask so many questions? Yeah, I know, it's because they care about me or whatever. But I never asked for them to do that, and would prefer if they didn't..

"Yeah, the baby's fine." He said. "And.. Her wrist? What happened there?" I heard Harry's mom ask. I wasn't aware that she was even here. "I think he sprained it or something." Harry explained. I sighed, pulling the sheets over my head.