Part 23

**
We spent the next four hours lying in the sun, drinking margaritas and talking a little bit. Mostly about him. I focused the topic on his music and his fans and whatnot, and he just talked, and talked, and talked..

He'd brought a towel this time, and was lying on his side, facing me. "Tell me about your family." He said. I laughed, taking the last sip of my drink. "No." I replied, turning onto my stomach, putting my empty cup down in the sand. I turned my head towards him, resting it on my arms. He was watching me..

"How many drinks do I have to buy you, in order for you to actually tell me something about yourself? It can't be any worse then the ex-boyfriend thing." He commented. He'd moved closer to me, lying maybe a few inches from me.

"It's bad in its own way." I said, thinking about my family. I hadn't seen any of them in years..

"How so?" He asked. I felt his fingers softly drag up my back, and tried to ignore them. "Harry.. I just.. It's complicated. And you're touching me again." I commented. He was tracing over my shoulder tattoo.  "Explain it then." He said. I still had my head resting on my arms, looking at him..

I sighed, not wanting to explain it to him. "Hey, you're gonna have to tell me eventually. Might as well be now." He stated, using what I'd said earlier.. I laughed. "Haven't had enough to drink to talk about them." I replied, noticing that the sun had made his eyes appear to be a lighter shade of green.

He was watching me. "If I go get you another, will you tell me something about them?" He asked. "Eh, we'll see." I replied, picking up the empty cup and handing it to him. He laughed, standing up and walking up the beach. I stayed where I was, enjoying the feeling of the sun beating down on me..

Yes, I'm fully aware that this is horrible for me, and it not only increases your chances of skin cancer, it also causes premature wrinkles. But, I think of it like this: There's always reasons not to do stuff. But I could die tomorrow, and I'll wish that I'd just done what I wanted, when I wanted..

Harry came back, and I turned over, sitting up. He handed me the cup. "Thanks." I said. He sat back down next to me. He was literally sitting as close as possible, without actually touching me.

I took a few sips of the drink, testing the flavor. He'd gotten a mango one this time, instead of the strawberry I'd been getting. "This is good." I commented. "Good; I'm glad you like it." He replied. I nodded. "Try it." I said, handing him the cup. He took a few sips of it, with this super serious look on his face. He licked his lips, handing me the cup. "That is good." He stated. I rolled my eyes, and he laughed. I took another sip, before setting it down in the sand, and lying down on my back again..

"So, your family. What're they like?" He asked, lying down on his side, facing me. I laughed. "You don't want to know." I said. He was watching me. I looked over at him. "I do." He replied. I sighed. "Ok. Fine. Um. I haven't seen any of them in.. Four years? Once I left for college, I never went back." I explained. "Four years? Wow. Don't you miss them?" He asked.

I laughed. "Not in the slightest." I said, watching him get confused. I lightly bit my lip, hesitating. I shouldn't say anything. I can't trust him; I hardly know him.. I sighed, knowing I want to die someday, with no regrets.

"My dad was a drunk; I don't remember a day when he wasn't drinking. He couldn't handle the pressures of fatherhood. And my mom.. Well, she was absent.. She was there, but she didn't want to be. She put up with a lot from my dad, and got sort of lost.." I explained quietly..

"Did you have any siblings?" He questioned. I nodded. "An older brother. He did the same thing I did. Left and never went back." I commented. He slowly nodded, thinking about all of it. I sat up a little, taking a drink from my cup.. He was still watching me.

I set it back in the sand, and laid down again..

We stayed there for another hour, talking, drinking.. It's now almost 5:00 in the afternoon. I got up, pulling my bikini cover-up on. I walked up the beach and dumped out the ice from the drink. I went back up to the bar, and asked if he could put water in the cup I had, since I was still feeling intoxicated. I sat down on one of the stools, running a hand through my hair, regretting opening up to him. I knew better then to open up to anybody. I took a few long sips of the water.

Harry walked up, taking the spot next to me and holding up his hand. The bartender set a glass of water in front of him. He was watching me. "Are you alright?" He asked. I nodded, taking another big sip of my water.

"You sure?" He questioned, clearly not believing me. I looked over at him. "I shouldn't have told you any of that." I admitted. "No, it's good that you did. I asked, and I'm really glad that I know now." He said. "You're glad you know. But I'm not. I shouldn't have told you that." I replied. He sighed. "Brynn.. I understand that. I do.. But, at this point.. You can either sit here, and think about how much you wish you could change the past. Which, you can't. Or, you can come walk on the beach with me, and not think about all that." He commented, glancing in my direction. I laughed, and saw him smile.

"You're horrible." I said, finishing the rest of my water and standing up. He'd somehow already finished his.

I started walking back towards the beach. "Where are you going?" He called out. I looked over my shoulder. "To walk on the beach." I replied, smiling and turning back to keep walking.. I heard him laugh, and he ran to catch up to me....