Part 19

He went through the same routine with this girl. Pictures, talking, the expressing of love and adoration.. Finally, she left, and Harry sat back down. "If you hate me so much, why don't you leave?" He asked, turning to face me more. His leg ran into mine, but I was more focused on controlling my patience with this imbecile.

"Because, I'm working. Obviously I can't leave." I stated. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a flash, and I immediately looked over, seeing a man with a camera. He was trying to be discreet. He was off-duty paparazzi; that much was obvious..

I stood up, walking over, and he slowly lowered the camera. "Delete it. Now." I said. "I don't know what you're talking about." He replied. "The picture you just took of us. Delete it." I stated. He laughed. "Sweetheart, I've got freedom of the press on my side. Check the Constitution." He stated.

"Uh huh. And what about now? Still think you have freedom of the press?" I asked, pulling my red card out again. He looked at it, then at me. "Let me see that." He stated. I held onto it, but let him look at it in closer detail. He let me take it back, and I watched as he deleted all the pictures he'd taken of Harry and I.

I walked back over to Harry, putting the card back in my pocket. I sat down. "What was that?" He asked. "What?" I replied. "That card. I've never seen that. But it seemed like he knew what it was, and you got him to delete the pictures he took." He elaborated.

"Yeah, I know. That's the point." I said. "Show me the card." He stated. I sighed, pulling it out. I was about to hand it to him, and held it back. "Give me my phone and I'll show you the card." I commented. He laughed. "Fine." He muttered, taking my phone from his pocket. He gave me the phone, and I handed him the red card.

He looked over it, reading what was written on it. It says "This individual is protected from all sources of the press and media. If this card is shown, you may not photograph or share any images or information of/regarding this individual." It also has a unique symbol imprinted onto it, showing that it's real. It only applies if I show it to the person; otherwise they can do whatever they want.

"What the hell is this? Where'd you get this?" He asked. "You've seen what I do.. I can get pretty much anything I want." I answered. He handed it back to me. "So it's real?" He asked. I nodded. "Yep." I replied. He watched as a few more people came and sat down around us, waiting for the same flight.

Once they made the announcement to board, everyone stood up and got in line. Harry waited until the line was gone, and looked over at me. "Go get on your plane." I stated. "I'll go, when you tell me where you got all those scars." He replied. I laughed. "No. Just get on the plane, before it leaves without you." I said. "Well it sounds like you better give me an answer. Otherwise I'm riding with you." He commented.

"So.. You're blackmailing me. Because you have no sense of privacy and think everything's your business. It's not. Especially this. Just.. Go get on the flight." I said, briefly looking at the one on my hand.

It starts midway up my thumb, then goes all the way across my hand, to my wrist.. I couldn't help but remember when I'd gotten it. It was by far the worst one I had.

"Just tell me.. Why can't you tell me?" He asked. "Because it's not something I tell people about. Especially not you. We aren't friends, Harry. And we aren't going to be. So, I'm going to leave. And you can either get on your plane, or you can walk to Oregon." I replied, standing up and walking away from him. He didn't follow me.. I was halfway down the concourse, and glanced over my shoulder, seeing him handing the woman his boarding pass...

***  October 4, 2020 ***

Harry's next show is in three days, in Brazil. I've had to drive him a few places in the last two months; but haven't had to do much security work. I turned down the head security job, despite Jeff literally begging me to take it.. I decided to take a short vacation, and am currently in Cozumel. I needed a break from all the annoying drama Harry was getting involved in.

Every time he was seen with a woman, everyone immediately would assume he was dating or hooking up with them.. But, Jeff told me some sources in the media-realm were getting suspicious of Harry's lack of bad publicity. So, he instructed me to not do my job unless he told me to. So, here I am, on vacation, not doing my job...