Part 77

*** Harry's POV ***

I've been sitting outside Brynn's apartment for nearly two hours, but refused to believe she wouldn't come back. She'd been seen leaving here a little before I arrived.. I felt my phone start vibrating, and pulled it out of my pocket. I had my hood up, so anyone who walked by wouldn't recognize me.

"Yeah?" I answered it, holding it up to my ear. "Harry, where are you?" Jeff asked. I sighed. "Nowhere." I replied. "You lied to me. You're in New York at Brynn's old apartment. What the hell are you doing?" He questioned. "Waiting for her. She's not here, but she has to come back eventually." I explained. "She isn't going to want to see you. She made that clear." He stated.

"I know. I really do, okay? I know that. But I have to see her. She can't just do that to me and then leave like that." I stated. "Harry, she told you that's what she was going to do. You're the one who agreed to it." He replied. "I don't care, I have to see her.. Besides, I need to know if she took that pill." I said, half-lying. I knew she'd remembered, so I wasn't very worried about that. She has a good memory.

He sighed. "You need to come back over here, Harry. You're only making it harder on yourself." He commented. I shook my head, looking down at my lap when someone walked by. I waited until they were over a few rooms, before sitting back up. "I'll come back. After I see her." I said, glancing up at her door.

"Harry, it's not a good idea. Don't do this." He stated, and I pulled the phone away from my ear, hanging up and turning it off completely.. I didn't care how long I had to wait, I needed to see her....

*** Brynn's POV ***

••• Six hours later ••

I figured I'd waited long enough. It was now around 2:00AM. I walked back into my building and up all the stairs. I sighed when I got to the top. Of course.. Harry was lying on his side up against the wall, dead-asleep.. I rolled my eyes, and silently walked down the hallway. I got my door unlocked and quietly pushed it open. As I got inside and shut the door back, he was still sleeping..

I locked the door, and sighed with relief, going across the living room and into the kitchen. I finally pulled the pill out, taking it with water.. I knew there was over a 90% chance it wouldn't work after this long, but took it anyway.

After showering, I pulled on a pair of underwear, and brushed my hair. Walking around the city all day had been exhausting, so I easily fell asleep......

**

I groaned, hearing my phone vibrating on the bedside table. I opened my eyes, glancing over at it. Whoever was calling, stopped, and then started again..

I picked it up, sitting up and looking at it. It was Harry. I hit decline, and blocked his number so he'd stop blowing up my phone 24/7. I sighed, getting out of bed and pulling my robe on. After I used the bathroom and brushed my teeth, I walked over and looked through the peephole, barely being able to see the top of Harry's head. But, he was still out there. I rolled my eyes, walking into the kitchen to eat breakfast.. My phone started vibrating again and I groaned, looking down at it. Jeff. I ignored it, hoping that if I ignored both of them, they'd just disappear..

Clearly that was wishful thinking, because he called me four more times after that. I finally hit answer. "Oh my god, what the fuck do you want?" I asked, impatient. "Brynn, calm down. I tried to talk to Harry, and he told me that he's not leaving. He said he slept on the floor outside your door all night. Where are you?" He asked. "In my apartment. Dumb-ass fell asleep while he was waiting, so I walked right by him." I replied.

"Can you just go talk to him? And.. Be gentle, but firm. Make sure he understands he can't keep following you around." He stated. I rolled my eyes. "That isn't my job, Jeff. I'm not going to coddle his emotions. He can't just sit outside my door and wait for me like a fucking stalker." I commented.

"And I agree with you. But he isn't going to leave." He replied. I sighed. "I recommend hiding any booze you have lying around for when he gets back." I said, hanging up. I walked back into my bedroom, and took the robe off. I pulled on a cream bralette, and a pair of jean shorts.. After putting on a minimal amount of makeup, mainly just some mascara, I went back out into the living room.

I was hesitant to do this, knowing there was a good chance he'd refuse to leave. I sighed, walking over and pulling open the door. He quickly stood up. "You're here." He said, seeming confused. I shrugged. "Walked right past you last night." I replied. He was watching me, and I leaned against the doorframe. "You need to leave, Harry. I don't want you here." I commented. He nodded, and glanced down the hallway. I followed his gaze, seeing two girls quickly run back down the stairs when they saw me. I groaned, grabbing Harry's wrist and pulling him into the apartment.. Once the door was shut, I let go of him, turning around.

He walked over, and I took a step back from him. "Don't." I stated. He looked at me, and took a few more steps towards me. The thought crossed my mind to hurt him so he'd stop. But, I backed away from him instead. Well, until my back hit the door. He stopped right in front of me. Before I could stop him, he reached up, touching the side of my neck, his fingers making their way down to my collarbones. The marks were still there, and probably would be for at least a few more days..

"Harry, please don't touch me." I commented, looking at him. He met my gaze. "I miss you." He said. I rolled my eyes. "I told you that you would. That's not my problem though. You told me to hurt you. So I did, and now you're upset about it." I replied.

"I know. But I didn't know that it would be like that." He said.. "So.. You thought I made a big deal about it for no reason? Harry, please just leave.. I seriously don't want you here. You need to go back home and get on with your life." I commented. He shook his head. "I can't.." He murmured, his eyes dropping down to my lips. He had me trapped against the door, his arms on either side of me.

"Harry. I'm giving you five seconds to get away from me before I physically hurt you." I stated, crossing my arms over my chest. He hesitated, then completely took me by surprise by bending down and kissing me. I grabbed his arm, quickly and easily twisting it and switching our positions, shoving him into the door. "Ow, ow ok ok. You can let go." He got out. I was holding his arm behind his back at a tight angle.

I released him, and he turned around to face me. "I'm not leaving. You can't make me leave, Brynn. I'll just keep following you." He said, holding onto his shoulder. "Why, Harry? I've told you repeatedly that I can't do this. And made sure you knew that if we had sex, you would have to be ok with never seeing me again after." I commented, annoyed with him bringing so many emotions into it. "Please, Brynn. You can't do this to me. Not after that. You have to admit it was amazing." He said.. I shook my head. "It doesn't matter what it was. Just, go." I replied.

"No."