001

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ ONE

˚· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ ONE

FOR THE LAST TIME." MISUMI ROLLED her eyes, mumbling in a fussy manner "I said no."

"Please Misumi! The team is going to need a new manager soon and I think you would be perfect for the spot!" The boy with dull brown spiked up hair uttered in a desperate manner. His hands clapped together imploring the poor girl for the twentieth time today.

Misumi's childhood best friend trailed right behind her as she made her direction to their everyday lunch table, she was a second-year that attended Karasuno Highschool. The boy that seemed to thrive off tugging on her nerves all day was Nishinoya, one of her lifelong companions.

The duo became very close in primary school when they were younger. Misumi always deemed herself to be more on the quiet side, mainly when both of them were younger. She was the exact opposite of the enthusiastic playful Nishinoya.

The only reason they were eventually put together as kids was because both their parents viewed one another as close family friends. It was arduous for the timid Misumi to make an effort and adapt to Nishinoya's energetic personality at first but, she eventually set aside her perturbation, conveying into his relentless manner.

Somehow, Nishinoya was often competent in bringing the good out that lied deep inside his sheepish best friend. When Nishinoya was determined to take part in volleyball, he would always invite Misumi to the playground, asking her to help him practice. Of course, she never repudiated his constant requests, she cherished being around the silly Nishinoya. Catching sight of his bubbly and joyous disposition truly set a smile on her face.

'But times are different now.' Misumi thought to herself 'Way different.'

A heavy sigh released from her lips as she plopped her bento box on the table. She unraveled the blue fabric material that was fastened into a knot, bringing out another box draped in a light peach fabric, positioning it in front of Nishinoya's gleaming face.

Misumi had often time made lunch for the two of them. Often time meaning daily, but she didn't mind much since Nishinoya appeared to relish her cooking, as he would consume every last bit of her meals.

"I made you lunch Noya." She pulled out a pair of pristine chopsticks and placed it on his crate. "Please eat, you have a long hard practice coming up in an hour."

He bowed his head eagerly "Thank you Misumi!" His tuft bleached strands rested against his forehead as he looked back up at her, lending her the amplest grin, his cheeks shaded a soft red.

"Now please, no more nagging." Misumi proceeded to forage through her food using her chopsticks.

There were several reasons why Misumi did not want to take part in the boy's volleyball team. One is that she wished to take a break from clubs after fracturing her ankle from track and field.