098

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ NINETY-EIGHT

AFTER MISUMI HAD POURED HER EYES out, they both determined it was time to leave, involuntarily. If she really had no other place to get to, Misumi would have lingered there a bit longer — in Kuroo's sympathetic arms as they viewed the city lights flutter directly beneath their feet.

However, the clock was already ticking. As it constantly appeared to speed up whenever the two partners were in the presence of each other.

Then there was Sara, who was inundating Misumi's phone with messages asking her where in the hell she was.

Misumi couldn't blame her, she knew how greatly significant this day was for her. Sara needed things to go evenly so that she could converge on Bokuto meeting her parents.

Which was all she would ever speak of whenever the two would hang out. Being frank, it was really unusual in Misumi's eyes when observing her friend be so anxious over something.

Usually, she was more of the kind to just go out there and try her best, and if things don't fall in her favor, she always said that it was never meant to be.

It was obvious that this party was something that needed to settle in her favor.

After modifying her eye-makeup in the car, Misumi was ready to step out into the party. She had no idea she would be crying that night, bringing along her makeup bag was just for extra precautions. Just in case something happens and Sara possibly required a retouch.

Whatever it may have been, she was glad she brought it along with her.

Her first initial thought was how ordinary the building looked — it didn't seem as though somebody would hold such an elegant rooftop party inside a general looking building.

However, as soon as they revealed their reservation tickets to the security guard who loitered outside the gates, they were immediately greeted by the pleasant smell of designer cologne.

She couldn't entirely put her finger on it, it almost smelt similar to something employees sprinkle on clothes before they open their store up. Whatever it was, it was nothing equivalent to the furniture inside the building.

It almost resembled some kind of lavish palace, you would expect a family line of royalty to live there. The wallpaper included beige stripes, along with attaching wall lights that accompanied in between the thick vertical stripes.

Above her, sat these rows of diamond-encrusted chandeliers — twinkling against the bright lights within the room.

The grip she had stuck on Kuroo's hand tightened, tapping the side of his arm for his notice — pointing at the chandeliers above them, to share their emotion of astonishment.

The vibration of her clicking heels echoed throughout the halls, striking against the shining glass panels below her.

Of course, their level of enthusiasm was soon brought to an end, when the two realized that they still had to take an elevator up over forty floors to reach their desired destination.