058

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ FIFTY-EIGHT

˚· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ FIFTY-EIGHT

KUROO MADE HIS WAY TOWARDS THE front gates, keeping a great expanse between him and his teammates who strolled in front of him.

Though Lev had encouraged him to stay over his house — Kuroo did not want to be some designated driver while they all drank vodka like some party animals.

He fiddled with the car keys in his hands, honey brown eyes scanning the views around him as he searched for Kenma.

It wasn't like the pudding-head to just disappear while everyone was packing up, unless, he made a quick dash to get home before anybody could stop him.

Kuroo highly doubted that — all through the day Kenma was talking about how he was gonna play all these varieties of video games when they went over Yashi's house. He was unquestionably psyched to finally be able to see her after quite some time.

He heard distant footsteps coming from behind him at a rather accelerated pace.

With curiosity and peculiarity deluging through Kuroo's head, he turned a shoulder, his legs gradually coming to a halt as his eyes blinked in skepticism.

It was,

"Kenma?.." The Nekoma captain muttered below his warm breath, his eyebrows clipped in surprise.

Kuroo was hardly ever able to budge Kenma to run during their practice laps — he insisted it was too much work. And though he always ended up following along, it was with the utmost disinclination.

It was patent that whatever the hell happened to Kenma — must have been pretty significant.

Kuroo jolted his head, sweeping his thoughts off "K-Kenma? What happened to you?" He speculated, pointing out the setter's complex breathing and unsettled appearance that coated on his profile.

He swallowed steadily, concluding his brief marathon from the gym all the way to the front of the school. "You.... check your phone, Kuroo." Kenma effused, aspiring to converse through heavy and sultry breaths.

At that moment, several inquests were streaming through Kuroo's head. Kenma's immediate strange behavior was making his blood run cold, what in the world happened to him?

Wasn't he just in quest of his sweatshirt? His entire face was as white as snow, almost as if he had an encounter with a ghost or perhaps something far worse.

Kuroo placed a hand on Kenma's slumped, wearied shoulder "Dude, are you okay?" His dense cognac brown eyes crinkled at the corners, troubled for his friend.

Kenma slapped his hand away, in denial "I'm perfectly fine," He hesitated, glancing around the dimly lit campus "Have you called Yashi?"

Which was valid, Kenma was perfectly fine. He just needed Kuroo to check up on Misumi, had he not viewed the messages that were being sent through his phone or what? It appeared as if Kenma was freaking out about the situation way more than he himself was.

You would think Kuroo would be in a rush to race to Misumi's home. After all, that was his girlfriend.

Unless... they're too late.

Kuroo spluttered in disappointment upon the reminder "No, my phone just died outta nowhere." He complained, removing his phone out of his pockets for evidence.

Kenma cursed to himself, biting his lower lip in frustration "Here, I think I have her number." Frantically, he grabbed his phone out from his sweatshirt pockets.

The bedhead watched him in sheer entanglement as he typed harshly on his phone screen.

Witnessing Kenma being so worked up over something made Kuroo's heart thump against his chest in worriment. Why can't he just spit it out and tell him what's wrong already?

Seriously, can it really be that critical?

"I don't see why you need to, she already knows we're coming over-"

"K-Kuroo?" A static voice pervaded with overcast and desolation interpolated with Kuroo's statement.

Both heads shot up from Kenma's phone, scrutinizing Misumi that stood a short amount of distance ahead of them.

Her shoulders convulsed with diffidence, desperately trying to build the endurance to walk up to the two boys. Her fingers toyed with one another in a tense manner, keeping in her trembling breaths.

Kuroo's umber brown eyes flickered in admiration upon sight of his girlfriend.

His lips parted, struggling to find the correct words to speak "Yashi? Is that you?" He drawled, stepping away from Kenma towards Misumi's standing body.

Kenma's eyes fluttered in panic.

Though it was rather sullen outside, the expression Misumi had on her face was effortlessly detectable — the way she carried her shoulders on her body directly shouted out the word trepidation.

It was a glaring red flag in Kenma's eyes.

And at that moment, he knew...

That he was too late.

...

── A/N
some of y'all bout to be real mad at me ahh I'm sorry for only posting four today bbys :( but, tomorrow i will be giving you all three more chapters, i pinky promise ! ! <3

༻✦༺