049

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ FORTY-NINE

˚· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ FORTY-NINE

THE EXPRESSION WRITTEN ON KUROO'S face was beyond Misumi. The look in his golden eyes resembled an expression that was way past difficulty, crushed by the assumptions she had made.

Had she miscalculated? Perhaps Misumi should have worded it differently rather than being so straightforward with her accusation.

Heartache was composed wholly above his expression as he proceeded to let go of Misumi's two hands.

"I-I don't understand," He reflected, seeking deep in her eyes "What kind of question is that?"

The fact that Misumi would even create such an incident in her mind troubled him. Was he doing something wrong? Was there something on his phone that made her second guess his feelings for her?

Even before Misumi and Kuroo made it official with one another, he made sure to remove any numbers of former women who he was chatting with. It might have been ridiculous to do so, but Kuroo genuinely wanted things to work out between the two of them.

And for her to ponder the desire he furnished for his own girlfriend stung so intensely in his heart.

She followed his hands drop to his sides "I... When you asked me to check who messaged you it was Niko..." Misumi hesitated, her voice weakening with insecurity.

He stood, anticipating for her reasoning "Yes, Niko. My team manager?" He arched an eyebrow "Is that what this is about? I can delete her number right now I swear I never text her-"

"No, Kuroo it's not that I'm bothered by her." She concluded his statement before he got the mistaken idea.

She swallowed vigorously on her thick saliva, unable to even glance into Kuroo's eyes.

Misumi felt shameful for phrasing it in such a harsh manner, the way he responded was so unexpected. Ordinarily, when you catch a cheater red-handed, they either grow upset at your blame or try and laugh it off as if nothing happened.

But, he wasn't doing either of these things.

"O-okay maybe I should reword it," She breathed "I know you would never do something like that, Kuroo but... God I mean I read what you told her and it just seems like you were totally flirting with her."

Misumi began to second-guess her actions, she felt like a complete moron for being so direct with Kuroo. He looked remarkably troubled by her assumptions.

She tried her best to put herself in his shoes and perceive things from his side of the story, but each time she did, it just seemed like he was being unfaithful.

Sure, Misumi was unstable about a lot of things, and she was working on bettering herself for her and her relationship with Kuroo. But, to examine such a provocative message be sent to somebody who was not your girlfriend absolutely distressed her.