052

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ FIFTY-TWO

˚· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ FIFTY-TWO

ONE OF THE MOST CRUCIAL THINGS MISUMI could do to herself was probably overthink in an empty home. The empty home part was almost far fetched since her mother was still living with her.

But, she was busy getting dressed to meet up with her husband.

Don't get misconstrued, Misumi was thrilled to hear her mother and father were reuniting again little by little, still, she had sort of grown used to her mother living with her through the three months. So much so, that when she was gone, the house was so hushed and devoided of sound.

She despised it.

It seemed like everything around her was prospering once more — like her parent's marriage. Yet, with Misumi, it was as if her relationship with Kuroo was being balanced by one single loose wire.

It had nothing to do with feelings nor regarding their love and care for each other, they both accorded a profound passion for one another.

It was just timing. The timing was off by miles on end, there was never time for just the two of them chatting on phonecalls, or eating dinner together on a video call.

She felt selfish for feeling this way.

Misumi understood how diligent his days were, what with all the homework, and being part of a school club. It wasn't any easier on him either. All she could do was just be there to mentally encourage him and bestow trust in him.

"Hey sweetie, I'm going to go see your father right now, okay?" Her mother's silk-like voice beckoned for her, reminding Misumi of the date her parents had set up.

Of course, they insisted for Misumi to go along with the two of them for a family dinner. However, she believed she would just be getting in the middle of them, yeah she was their daughter but this whole divorce settlement was solely between her two parents.

The only thing she could do was support their decision in the end.

"Yeah, mom." Grumbled Misumi from the couch "Have fun and be safe." She pulled her knees close to her chest.

Her heels clicked through the echoing hallways "Hey, what's up with you?" Her mother speculated, moving towards the moped Misumi.

Her anthracite-colored pupils dashed above her, taking a penetrating glance at her mother in a lavish skintight dress.

Her jaw plummeted "Mom?! Why are you wearing that?" She was appalled by her mother's choice of attire.