083

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ EIGHTY-THREE

˚· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ EIGHTY-THREE

SOME THINGS WERE JUST OUT OF MISUMI'S control. To this, she understood. Ordinarily, she was able to brush it off her shoulder and move on from the uncontrollable circumstance.

She tried her best to overlook these situations. But, at some moments it grew rather difficult to ignore.

She took in deep breaths, struggling to control her pace. Her heart was racing out of control, feeling the pulses everywhere throughout her fevered body.

Discomfort snapped right in her shins, however, with the amount of adrenaline surging through her body, it was enough to make her forget all about the pain being inflicted upon her body.

She kept her sights on the end zone, allowing the wind to pour on her warm face. Small strands of her damp hair released free from the hair tie, unable to hold the short length within the band.

"Thirteen!" Misumi heard her coach shout as she quickly passed him, decreasing her pace before entirely ceasing her scorching momentum.

Placing her shaking hands above her head, allowing her lungs to expand with more oxygen.

"Coach, what was the time?" Misumi asked for his repeating words, slowly walking up to him attempting to keep her breathing under wraps.

He turned over, finishing up the rest of the player's times "Thirteen seconds Sumi," Exhibiting the time laps on his stopwatch "Hey that's not bad for missing a year of practice, keep working alright?" Smiled her coach.

Telling her to get a quick drink of water, and finish up the rest of their end workout. Which was nothing too complicated, just a brief ab workout with the rest of her team.

Misumi elevated the spikes portion of her shoes as she roamed on the pavement, keeping her eyes low on the ground as she reflected silently to herself.

As said before, there were several matters that were out of her control.

For one, not being able to stand present for Karasuno and their days at nationals was completely out of her control. The number of practice hours from track and field was really keeping her occupied these days.

Of course, she preferred to stay updated with Nishinoya and Kuroo to discuss how they're all doing all the way over there at the Spring Interhigh.

There were many speculations and perceptions rushing through her mind, the fact that her one-hundred-meter dash wasn't as fleet as it was before was just the tip of the iceberg. Practically dragging her self-esteem down with the rest of her optimistic outlooks.