059

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ FIFTY-NINE

˚· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ FIFTY-NINE

HE STAYED HIDDEN BEHIND KUROO, HOLDING his phone close by his chest as he observed the two of them speak. Kenma knew this wasn't the preferred time to butt in and say something.

It was best to let the two of them resolve things and then explain what happened with Niko after things simmered down.

"Yashi? H-how did you get here?" Kuroo consoled, sweeping his arms out for a snug passionate embrace.

He immediately withdrew, remarking the alarm that was flooded deep within her dark blank eyes.

"Hey, what's wrong?"

She nipped her lower lip, gripping her fists that rested beside her shuddering figure "D-don't act like you don't know what's wrong." Misumi mewled under pressure.

Kuroo's eyebrows sliced together in a heap, "I... I don't understand?" He possessed a puzzled expression that was written all over his complexion.

He was entirely befuddled — his girlfriend was shaking in agitation right in front of his eyes and he had no hint as to why nor what she was so strained for.

"You should k-know~" Her voice quivered as Kuroo stepped closer to her "You literally just texted me, why are you acting like everything is okay?" Misumi put her hands close to her chest for self-reassurance.

"No, I don't understand what you're talking about please explain, Yashi." His prudent hand reached for her clenched fist.

Misumi backed up, instantly hiding her hands behind her back out of instinct.

"Don't touch me! P-please..."

Kuroo settled, putting his hand up out of defense. It had completely slipped his
mind — the amount of torment Misumi used to go through with her former relationship. Of course, she was going to pull away from him, it was only natural.

He mentally berated himself for being so senseless. Kuroo would never handle her in such a hostile way, it frustrated him to see Misumi in such a petrified stare.

All that was going through his mind was reassurance, he wanted to help ease her nerves. But, he was unable to do that if she kept pulling away.

He took a deep breath, taking a step back "Yashi, come on, you know I would never ever do that to you." Kuroo emphasized his words.

She knew he would never treat her in such a brutal way, but she couldn't help it. All these mixed emotions brought her back to the days her ex would torment her mentally.

She was brisk to admit guilt "I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to!" Fearful that matters were going to break out in ways she didn't want it to.

"No, It's fine don't apologize okay?" Kuroo gave her a tenuous smile, slowly tracking his arms down.