103

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ ONE HUNDRED THREE

THERE WAS A SUDDEN MOMENT OF HESITANCE as she executed her walk up to Eita. She thought again and again about what she was going to say, and how she was going to say it.

Each time she neared closer... her ideas diminished with every tick of her heels.

She began to think about what his reaction would be like, or how he would respond to her plainly walking up to him to have a settling conversation.

Would he be up for a small conversation?

He can't be upset that Misumi is there, right?

It seemed as though he wanted to talk to her... but with the onerous circumstances that occurred, he didn't receive the proper opportunity.

Yet, there he was. The keen expression on his structured profile, arms resting on the edge of the roof observing the city below him.

Thinking.

Misumi stopped her walking, was this the wrong time?

Judging by the unbroken expression on his face, he was definitely overthinking something. If this were true, Misumi wouldn't want to be the reason why Semi boiled.

Misumi watched him as he sighed in destruction, ticking his fingers against the roof's bonded structure. There was a rather grave distance between them, it appeared Misumi was testing the waters before fully exposing herself to him.

The longer she remained, the louder her thumping heart grew. Throbbing against her chest in troubling response, watching how rapid his finger patted against the building. Her head bowed, waving away all the negative conceptions her mind formed through her walk there.

"Misumi?" The faint crackle of his voice blended with her inner reflections, a look of incertitude now pressed against his face.

Almost like he couldn't believe his eyes that Misumi was standing there, right in front of him.

She felt her knees quake, shutting the distance between them. "E-Eita... I'm sorry if this is the wrong time?" Misumi spoke with disinclination, grazing the side of her arm timidly — glancing to her left to stare at the town beside her.

He was quick to deny her suspicions, "No, please you didn't interrupt anything." The boy with shaded tufts reassured her, a small smile almost forming on his lips.

It might have seemed peculiar, but... she just looked so different up close. A good different, as if she developed from the last time he saw her.

Or... perhaps more like her mentality developed.

He wanted to compliment her... although, he didn't know how she would take it. Or if her boyfriend would find that troubling.

As if on count, both of their mouths unlinked from their lips — as if they were going to say something... at the same time.